Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An early birthday present to myself.... A day at the range with the Ruger and my son, life is good. I rarely go to an indoor range but the shooting this day was free hand at 50 feet. The outdoor range I usually go to is 25 yards and I won't lie the groups aren't this good. My eyes at 57 aren't the same as they were at 21 years of age.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
"An early birthday present to myself.... A day at the range with the Ruger and my son, life is good."

I like the way you think. I'm always giving myself early birthday presents (or early Christmas presents) throughout the year.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I've had my Mark II since 1980 and it a great shooter. Even with my old tired eyes I shoot my 12" gong (an old skillet) at 150 ft. and generally hit it 9 out of ten times. There is no tellin how many rounds has been run thru this gun.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have the same bull barrel Mark II and love it. The Ruger Mark series of pistols are one of the very best .22s available. They need very little lube so keep it on the "dry side".
Enjoy!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great present, great shooting.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
I love mine .....best .22lr pistol ever made.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, as you can see I have a soft spot for the MKIIs, the guys over on Rimfire Central have been a bad influence on me, at least that's what I tell my wife. :cool:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well you say I have a soft spot for the MKIIs, the guys over on Rimfire Central have been a bad influence on me, at least that's what I tell my wife. :cool:

Those are sweet. I have from my late father a Ruger Standard made in 1950,
I bought the 50th Anniversary Standard to complement the 1950, I bought a Liberty Ruger in 1976 (The year I turned 21) and this Bull barrel. A friend of mine has a Mark II Government model I'd like to buy from him if he every decides to sell it. The only wear on the Bull barrel is the back strap from my hand sweat but it's still the best gun I own.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Both my wife and son love shooting the MKIIs, it's a good thing I bought one of those McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader, it comes in handy while feeding two Marks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Happy early birthday! That is a sweet looking mark and a dandy of a present. Shooting with your boy was icing on the cake.

Hearing this story makes me wonder who else celebrates their birthday with a trip to the range? I know this year I treated myself to big bag of ammo and 4 hours of shooting bliss!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts