Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start off with saying that I've been in cast up to my knee with a broken foot for 6 weeks now. I'm not allowed to drive so a friend picked me up today and we went to some guns shops. They weren't as depleted of guns as I thought they would be. As everybody knows there wasnt any .223 to be had though.

At the second shop they did have several bricks of CCI .22LR for $39.00 My friend was about to buy a brick and I told him I could give him one and when things died down cost wise he could replace it as I have a surplus.

Next stop was my LGS and again no .223 or .22LR. We got there 5 minutes before they opened and there were at least 16 cars there and people waiting at door. I did buy a Kimber Custom II though to make my trip worthwhile.

Stopped and had lunch and a few brewski's. On way home stopped at this little gun dealer who I've never been to before. My friend has bought a few Springfield .45"s from him, he said the place was a dive though. I walk in and there are beer cans on the floor LOL LOL, crap everywhere, and probably 75-100 guns in there. He did have some nice guns, but those weren't for sale.

All in all what better to do on a rainy day in Ohio.:)

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Sorry about your broken foot and hope it heals quickly. My husband had a brokebrokebroke leg for 71/2 months before, ughhhh. I feel your pain! I love little shops aka dives, you never know what is going to be in there, but you know its going to be fun. Congrats on your Kimber. :)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to get out a bit. That cabin fever is for the birds!
I love checking out the LGS's when I don't have to rush through. I wonder how much stuff I've missed by being in a hurry...

Sorry 'bout your foot, hope your healing time speeds up...

Congrats on your Kimber! Happy shootin'...;)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Good that you could get out for a while.
All the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts