Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Sweeties S&W Model 17 K frame .22 cal.

This is her S&W Model 637 Airweight .38+P

My S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman

·
Registered
589 Posts
How does she like the lightweight? My wife has her eye on one. It's bad enough saving for my own collection now she has started picking out guns, That's the last time I send here to the shop to pick up ammo:D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
REB
I know where you are coming from. However I am happy that she shares my interest in firearms.
I actually picked up the 637 Airweight for myself, and my wife took it away from me--lol.She
fell in love with it the second I walked in the door with it. She can shoot it too---she
qualified with it for her Tenn.handgun permit course. She says "I love my little gun".

·
Registered
718 Posts
Some very NICE looking guns....she has GOOD taste.....
Is that 'K' frame really a model 17? Usually the shorter 4 version is a model 18, one is a Masterpiece and the shorter one a 'Combat' Masterpiece. Just curious..............

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rugerguy

The model number on the frame says "model 17-5. It also says 17 on the original box. I bought it
new for her about 20 years ago.
Note added---it also has a smooth trigger and wide hammer.(.375"wide)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yes, I see, the "-5" designation, as they discontinued the model 18 around the same time, so came out with the 17 in a 4" in 1986. Very good. Nice gun as I said.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Nice guns! Three weeks ago, I bought my wife a 637 Airweight. She said my model S&W 60 .357 (the new Talo unfluted cylinder version) and my Ruger SP-101 .357 were too heavy. She did not complain about the 15oz. 637. Grips are very small. I changed them to a slightly larger pair. I must have a dozen pair of J frame round butt grips of all kinds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts