Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just got a MKIII 678 tapered barrel from a place called Shotmaster10x.

1. Is it bad that I opened up the test cartridge envelope? I was curious and had no idea what it was. Someone said I ruined my gun's "legal value."

2. The test date on the envelope reads 6/9/2010...The gun looks pretty much brand new (minus some very very minor blemishes along the grip base and bottom of barrel tip), but is it common for a seller to have an item like this in stock for that long?

Just making sure.

Thanks,
Brady

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
The test fire cartridge is a legal requirement in a couple of states, but not Florida. Ruger puts them with every gun, since they only ship to distributors and have no idea where the gun will end up. Opening the envelope is no big deal.

June of 2010 sounds like a long time for a new Mark III to finally sell, considering their popularity, but not inconceiveable. You could ask Shotmaster 10X about it to ease your mind.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The test fire cartridge is a legal requirement in a couple of states, but not Florida. Ruger puts them with every gun, since they only ship to distributors and have no idea where the gun will end up. Opening the envelope is no big deal.

June of 2010 sounds like a long time for a new Mark III to finally sell, considering their popularity, but not inconceiveable. You could ask Shotmaster 10X about it to ease your mind.
OK cool. Yeah I thought it sounded like a pretty long time too, considering how badass the pistol is :D:D:D.

They said it was NIB when I ordered it. It looks brand new minus the very minor scratches I mentioned that don't really bother me. I'm taking it to the range tomorrow and I will keep you posted!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts

Plus one on contacting Shotmaster, eighteen months is a long time. :confused:
I have a collection of test fire case envelopes here in AU (well, somewhere anyway). :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I live in a small town and the only, place I can ever buy a new firearm from that actually has another brand new in the box firearm besides what's on display is WalMarts of course I'm speaking of rifles. But, it is very unusual to get anything other than whats on display rifle or pistol at any, local gun shops and they are usually dated from 2-4 years old although stated to be new? My MK III I ordered, was brand new 2012 model. I think I will do more online business from now on. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.