Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father passed away recently and we just had services for him the other day. He was a WWII Navy combat veteran and a Firefighter for nearly 30 years retiring as Chief of his Department. There was participation in the services from the Navy Honor Guard, The Disabled American Veterans, The Patriot Guard Riders, along with the local Police Department and, of course, his Fire Department. It was a very fitting sendoff to a great man who I considered my hero my entire life. Just though I'd share a few pictures with you.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
redhawker, I'm sorry for your loss.
Thanks for sharing those pictures that tell us who never knew him what a great man your father was.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sorry for your loss also and thanks for sharing the history and pics with us. Am sure the man deserved this fitting send off.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Sorry for your loss, but thank you for your dad's service. The pictures are beautiful.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
WWII Veteran and 30-year Firefighter

This was a fitting tribute to someone who represents the real American heroes. Condolences on your loss.

·
Registered
15 Posts
High Honors, well deserved. A proud heritage.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Very fitting indeed. My condolences, and may he rest in peace.

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your Father passing, redhawker.
They're not makin'em like him any more.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Sorry for your loss, but that had to be a tremenously comforting ceremony for your family.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
redhawker so so sorry for thr loss of your father sounds like he was a great man. I very much appreciate his WWII service fighting for our freedom. I too lost my father back in 2002. He was a WWII combat veteran who saw service in the Pacific theater of war he was wounded on Okinawa. Thank you for sharing your pictures you father was honored greatly.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts