Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove about an 1 1/2 hours over to Lake Michigan today to see the ice flows on the beach. What an awsome sight. There is nothing like standing on wave buildup 20 feet in the air over looking a couple hundred yards of ice that is breaking up before turning into open water. Michigan can be a truly remarkable place.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I'm so sick of looking at snow. :(

I'm glad you had a good day, buddy. We all need one every now and again. :)

Did I mention how sick I am of looking at snow? :(

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thanks for the great pics. It is awesome.
BH Send some snow our way if you want. We're really low this year.
We need some so our lakes will be ok this summer.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Drove about an 1 1/2 hours over to Lake Michigan today to see the ice flows on the beach. What an awsome sight. There is nothing like standing on wave buildup 20 feet in the air over looking a couple hundred yards of ice that is breaking up before turning into open water. Michigan can be a truly remarkable place.

Hey you look like Pat Dinizio of The Smithereens!

·
Registered
632 Posts
MICHIGAN IS GREAT! Beautiful pictures John. You are closer to Lake Michigan than I am. I'm like 6 hours drive away. :( Were you near White Fish Point? Have you seen the falls when they were frozen? That's also a gorgeous sight. Spring will soon be here. Me, I truly love experiencing all four seasons.

Bountyhunter, it's all in the attitude. Have a glass of wine or a cup of hot chocolate and sit by the fire reading a good book. Heaven on earth!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Aw, c'mon, now...if we gotta look at your mug...you gotta include your wife's pretty face to soften the blow....don't tell me she was smart enough to stay inside with the hot chocolate while you played on the ice....how deep do you think that ice is frozen???? I wouldn't walk on it....I'm part Rhode Island Red!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey you look like Pat Dinizio of The Smithereens!
Edie: But I sure don't play guitar like him! I showed my wife that photo, and she agreed with you.

Natalie: We were at Muskegon Beach, you can see the break water in the background of the one photo. That's where my wife is from orginally.

Sometimes we forget how beautiful it can be right in our own backyards.

Sheepdog: I would think it's frozen all the way to the water.:D Just kidding. We were at least 20 foot above the breaking ice.

NOTE: My wife wanted me to tell everyone here that SHE is the one who took the photos.:rolleyes: Which explains why she's not in the photo with me!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Teach him to use the camera, girl!!!!! Give us a break!!! You mean standing there....that's 20 feet from the ice???? Sure don't look it ....scenes like that I only wanna see on TV...had all I want in 64 when I left Pa.....

·
Registered
842 Posts
Some really nice photos John. In case any of the other more southern folk here haven't tried it, after water skiing in Summer on even a smaller Michigan lake I can tell you truthfully that water that cold would be solid down here where I live!!:D
Baker

·
Registered
292 Posts
I remember when the ice used to break up on the Mohawk River. That was back in the 50s and early 60s when I lived at Poland, NY. What an awsome sound. Heard similar sounds when I was in the Army, different cause.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts