Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I hope I am wrong but I'm afraid I'm not. The wife and I met NCLEO89 at the gun show back in Nov. I knew what department he worked for and his first name. I'm very saddened today. I'm sure it was him who was killed by a DOT Truck. I'm pretty sure they said he was hit in his personal vehicle by the DOT truck. Same name ,same department which I told him I would not reveal.
As soon as I saw it on the news I called the wife. The picture of him they put on the news was just like we saw him yesterday. As soon as she saw him she said that is him. We talked with him for quite sometime at the show and we were planning on going to the May show.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I'm afraid there is no mistake. He told us how long he'd been in LEO had the same amount of years of service that the news said.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

THE SAD NEWS OF CHARLES JOHNSON'S (AKA NCLEO89) UNTIMELY PASSING HAS UNFORTUNATELY BEEN CONFIRMED. SEE POST #27 FOR HIS BROTHER'S COMMENTS AND POST #76 FOR HIS WIFE TRACY'S COMMENTS.

In Lieu of flowers, a Trust Fund has been set up for his family. The contact information is as follows:

Providence bank
325 Main St, Tarboro, NC 27886
(252) 824-1161

UPDATE 4/18/14 As of today they can now receive donations via paypal or CC, there is a link on the banks homepage at

http://pbknc.com/

Lets turn our grief into action and bless his family in this time of need (Fungun ... Thanks for the assist on providing the direct bank link)

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Dear Forum Members,
As a tribute to Charles and what he meant to RF.Net, and in support of Tracy and the boys, we would encourage everyone to add the following "In Memory" icon to your signature line.
The Forum Staff

·
Registered
658 Posts
One of those, like others on here, I haven't met personally but feel I know. I also hope you are wrong. He will be missed. RIP

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
If true, that is incredibly bad news.
Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Oh my God...

RR please keep us updated on any news...unbelievable. Man, I feel ill about this.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,350 Posts
My heart just sunk.
I sincerely hope it's not him.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I really hope that wasn't him. He's been such a great contributor here and I saw he last posted at 6:47 a.m. today. I live in NC and will watch the news to see if there is any mention.

·
12,955 Posts

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Other than meeting him at the gun show I really didn't know him very well.Other than our posts and several PM's that we had. He was a great guy and very dedicated to his family and his career. I was just talking about him to the wife last night. I had a few things to ask him then I see that on the news on the Raleigh NC ABC news station.

·
Boise State Alumnus
660 Posts

·
12,955 Posts
Based on his posts, NCLEO89 was an exemplary person and a tribute to law enforcement.
My sympathy and prayers to his family and may he rest in peace.

·
Registered
17,109 Posts
I just don't know what to say other than, I hope you're wrong too.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,350 Posts
Saw the picture and remembered him saying that he looks like Sheldon of The Big Bang Theory (not saying this out of disrespect).

I feel sick.

·
Premium Member
14,221 Posts
If this is true, the world is a lesser place and Heaven just became a better place.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,350 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
So it is true, can't believe it still.

Charles was a great Forum friend to me and a super contributor to the RF.net

I will dearly miss him...

Prayers sent for his wife and two sons...

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Based on his posts, NCLEO89 was an exemplary person and a tribute to law enforcement.
My sympathy and prayers to his family and may he rest in peace.
He was very dedicated as a LEO. Since we live in the same state which I'm still fairly new to NC compared to most and the different laws I'd ask him. He was straight forward. We really enjoyed meeting him at the show.

That link that has a picture of him that Snake Plissken posted is definitely him.

He always kept or got a thread started. I feel terrible seeing this. May he be Resting in Peace.

1 - 20 of 385 Posts