Ruger Forum banner

A great range day with good people is good therapy.

419 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Mark204 
#1 ·
I know some range sessions can be pain. When all things come together and all firearms cycle as needed it is the best way to spend time. I spent a day this week at the range when some families shared a safety session and shooting targets was the only issue for several hours. No commando jockeys just some SA shooters with others testing and sighting in firearms. I noticed some younger shooters learning with a couple of Wranglers that appeared to have a great time. Good to see a place where young and old can escape the mess in the media.
The best therapy on the planet IMHO.

#2 ·
That sounds like absolute heaven. When your guns are working well and your shots are going where you want, that's a good day. When all that occurs and you are surrounded by good people...that's a great day! I love watching/helping young people learn to enjoy our sport safely. Seeing them do it with a single action revolver warms my heart. Thanks for sharing. I need these stories. The television just makes me angry with the endless coverage of Covid/ Antifa/ BLM etc.

#4 ·
Discovering SA .22 revolvers made range time so much better. I first bought a Hertiage Rough rider 4.75 barrel and then a 6.50 F/O adj sights Rough Rider and finally a Wrangler. Those satisfy me enough to not spend a lot on a Single Six or Bearcat, but I would like to see a middle of the ground (between a Wrangler and a Single Six) new Wrangler with a few upgrades. SA revolvers are great to teach grandkids and other new shooters. Even though it has gone up .22 ammo is still affordable enough to spend hours at the range and spend very little money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.