Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I worked up my courage and decided that I would strip my SP-101 down and give it a good scrubbing. (Have never done that in the year that I've had the gun.) I got some good help on this project from watching a video on YouTube. So I disassembled it, cleaned it really good, and was putting it back together when I ran into a snag.

The video on the reassembly process mentioned you possibly having to pull the trigger a bit so as to get the trigger assembly to snap back into place. I tried it first without pulling the trigger, but could not get it into place. So I carefully pulled the trigger back a bit, still to no avail. I pulled it further, and to my chagrin, the pawl fell out onto the countertop. :( But rather than throw my hands up in dispair, I decided to make it a "learning experience" to further my knowledge of the piece. ;) And that's what I did. Once I figured out that the pawl plunger and spring had to be depressed to allow the pawl to slide in over the top and rest in the hole for the pin on the end of the pawl, it went together just fine.

The next time I do that, I'll have a good understanding of what might happen, and how to address it. I can't go fire the piece today, but it dry fires in both single and double action just fine, so it appears that I managed to get everything back together and working properly. Ain't guns fun?! :D

Amistad
'ya gotta love 'em!'

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Experience is the best teacher, grasshopper. :)
Heard that in some movie, I think. ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By way of follow-up to this thread, I went to the range yesterday. I'm happy to report that I pumped 50 rounds through my SP-101 with no problems at all, shooting both SA and DA. That's a good thing and I'm satisfied that I got everything back together properly from the takedown/scrubbing exercise that I gave it the other day...

Amistad

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's the exact lesson I learned on my new SP101. Just 2 weeks ago. Yep, guns be fun.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts