Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A young Marine Major meets with the 1st Sgt in his office. He asks, "Top, how do you run such an efficient outfit? Are there any tips you can give to me?"

"Well," says the 1st Sgt, "The most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."

The Major frowns. "But how do I know if the people around me are really intelligent?"

The 1st Sgt takes a sip of coffee. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle."

The 1st Sgt yells out to one of his favorite Gunnery Sgt. The Gunny walks into the room. "Yes, Top, what can I do for you?"

The 1st Sgt smiles "Answer me this, please. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, the Gunnery Sgt answers, "Well, that would be me."

"Yes, Very good, thanks" says the 1st Sgt.

The Major goes back to his office to ask all of the junior officers in his section the same question. "Answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

All of the officers look at the Major in amazement, “We're not sure, Sir. Let us get back to you on that one."

The junior officers then have numerous meetings to discuss it without a resolution. Finally, they run into the Sgt Major, "Sgt Major! Can you answer this for us? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

The Sgt Major yells back, "That's easy. It's me!"

All of the officers smile, and say, "Thanks!"

Then, they schedule a meeting with the Major, "Sir we found the answer, we did some research and we have the answer to that riddle. It's a Sgt Major."

The Major gets up, and starts screaming at them, "No, you idiots! It's a Gunny!"

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Nice one, I grew up in a Navy family, when ever we refered to the Marines it was always as CARGO. Hey doesn't Marine stand for My As* Rides In Navy Equipment?

Just Kidding Of Course
Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I too, was in the Navy for 6 years. MARINE = Muscles Are Required, Intellegence Not Expected......

sorry, I just had to use that one....:D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a theory that the entire Department of the Navy would come unglued if there were no Gunnery Sergeants or Navy Chiefs.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was on a Destroyer, years ago, where we had an Ensign that was so screwed up that the Capt. made him "Welfare,Recreation and Library Officer"...none of which we had on a small Destroyer. The Ole Man wouldn't let him on the bridge of the ship. I wonder if he ever made Major somewhere??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts