Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess you get what you pay for and all that glitters ain't gold. I had intended to layaway a P89 or P95 two weeks ago but purchased a SW9VE for $212 OTD and got just what I paid for . I have put only about 250 rounds through the gun and this evening while dry firing it stops cocking.

I field stripped it and see that the striker doesn't seem to have the proper tension on it. So I disassemble the slide and examine all the parts thoroughly and find to my chagrin that the striker is sheared in two. I had been carrying the gun as a bug for my KP90. Thank God I didn't have to use it. The quality of the metal used for this part was pitiful, as it was porous and reminded me of cheap potmetal or diecast, I didn't say it was, it just reminded me of that stuff.

I did not want to believe that a company with the old reputation that S & W has could do this, but these are different times we live in. Live an learn. Well I guess I'll just fix it and trade it in for a Ruger, should have done what I intended in the first place.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Not making excueses for Smith, but all the companies (yep, even Ruger) put out a lemon now and then!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
sorry to hear that. Did not want to bad mouth your gun as sigma's snake bit me bad when they 1st came out--so bad that to this day i don't trust them even though they are new and improved.

But from what i hear, the s&w warranty is good and they are good to deal with.

·
Registered
373 Posts
sorry to hear that peace, i had no issues with the one that i used to own, but after hearing your story and reading several others. I'm glad i traded up to the sp :)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas for the encouragement, I took it back to the dealer and he is going to straighten it out for me with S&W. People say their customer service is excellent, they also say the Sigma is crap...while there of course the dealer immediately plops the M&P down in front of me, I am not looking to replace my KP90 as my main carry, we are still in the courting stage and moving to the heaving petting part, I won't quit her now.

All jokes aside the Sigma was going to be my fun gun at the range and a backup to the 90. I don't really need it to do much else. We shall see what S&W's customer service is about.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks fellas for the encouragement, I took it back to the dealer and he is going to straighten it out for me with S&W. People say their customer service is excellent, they also say the Sigma is crap...while there of course the dealer immediately plops the M&P down in front of me, I am not looking to replace my KP90 as my main carry, we are still in the courting stage and moving to the heaving petting part, I won't quit her now.

All jokes aside the Sigma was going to be my fun gun at the range and a backup to the 90. I don't really need it to do much else. We shall see what S&W's customer service is about.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised...with the CS, if not the pistol...

·
Banned
723 Posts
All my expirience with the Customer Service Department at S&W has been exemplary.

Now, to the issue of the Sigma, "Friends don't let friends carry a Sigma." After you get it repaired, box it up and ship it to me for "proper disposal". I am willing to alleviate you from having to suffer the burden of carrying a Sigma and if you give me $20 I will be more than happy to do this for you, at great personal sacrifice you understand.

Biker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts