Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In Orange County CA, we stand a chance of losing our CCWs if the acting interim sherrif is not chosen by the OC Board of Supervisors to replace the previous sheriff. Every little bit will help and the poll in the enclosed link may help sway some of the board members. The guy we are trying to help is Jack Anderson. If you choose to help CCW in CA (yes, we really can carry here, for now anyway) your vote will be greatly appreciated. Scroll down a little ways for the poll. Thanks!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/department-sheriff-county-2053701-jails-plan

PS - Time is short!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Done.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Done, good luck!

I gave up on the PRC/PRK back in 95 and left Chula Wanna (Chula Vista) for the Free State of Air-Ra-Zona and haven't looked back since.

Robert

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welp, thanks for your votes, but this morning the Board of Supervisors selected an anti-CCW candidate. Word is, the policy has already been changed to exclude ordinary folks that simply want to protect themselves and their families as they live their lives. When my permit expires in a couple of months, I won't be allowed to renew. In the past, I would get mad at posters who slam CA on gun forums. Don't feel so much like getting mad at them today. Feel like moving.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dan,

Sorry to hear about the situation in Orange county. Any chance a good decision from SCOTUS would help change it? If not you are welcome here in Maine. We know how to handle guns and lobsters, and we aren't afraid to use 'em!

-Hammer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan,

Sorry to hear about the situation in Orange county. Any chance a good decision from SCOTUS would help change it? If not you are welcome here in Maine. We know how to handle guns and lobsters, and we aren't afraid to use 'em!
The situation is pretty fluid right now. We'll have to see how things shake out. I'd love it if a positive ruling from SCOTUS would have an influence. I know I'm planning on referencing it when I go to renew (assuming it IS positive).

Thanks for the invite to Maine. I'd love to visit in the fall.

·
Super Moderator
21,682 Posts
California doesn't honor any other state permits so there is no way around it. Thats what happens when a state goes to "may issue". You go to different locations within the state and get different interpertations of the same law. The interpertation of laws is a function of the judiciary not the local Police Chief.

I would reapply and if rejected then I would use the entire appeal process and even a legal challenge if you can afford it. If I lost then I'd move.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quote "The man who beats his swords into ploughshares will end up using it in the service of the one who did not" Unquote

Quote "The ruler who disarms his people is afraid of them" Unquote

Sung Tzu - 600 BC

·
Registered
236 Posts
Didn't the Supreme Court recently rule that D.C.'s ordinances prohibiting a person from acquiring a LTC, just get revoked? I believe it was my understanding that, according to the Constitution, every person has a right to protect themselves. It was awhile ago, so maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts