Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might've read, I was on the quest to find a GF (not a girlfriend!!) for the old Single Six that was given to me as a Father's Day present. Not to bore you all with details, ...the poor thing was pretty beat up (kids shooting, and dropping it!), and it lost its WMR cylinder along the way (less than hundred rounds through it since 1978). Anyway,.....I decided to put some money in it ($400 so far), and while looking for a GF, I stumbled on this forum. Two days after I joined your distinguished company, a member contacted me to offer me a steel GF (I was interested in primarily steel, but brass, or stainless would've been OK too, just NOT the aluminum). So (looks like I'm one of those people that start their sentences with "so"....a joke from another thread)...this member offered a steel blued frame from a Blackhawk (1987 vintage, NEVER FIRED!!). We made a deal, and this fella shipped the frame BEFORE he received my payment!! (who does this in this day and age!?).

I received the frame today, and it's PRISTINE!!! It wouldn't be better coming straight from the factory (I'll make sure to post a pic of the revolver, when I'm done with it). The member's handle on the forum is "Rocdoc". Thank you again. Straight guy, a scholar, and a gentleman.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
This forum does have very good members. I too have had members send me parts without payment. I am glad this worked out for you and hope to see updates of your project in the future. Good to share good news sometimes the world is full of negatives and complaints.
*Great information found here and the members help make shooting a blast!
"LONG LIVE BILL RUGER!"

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
You are right on the money, Wolfgang.

I joined this forum 8 years ago and was very active for a couple of years, mainly because this place had some of the best people I had ever had the pleasure to interact with.

Then life and work got in the way and I have been almost totally absent for a few years. Retirement time has finally arrived and as I have started to frequent the forum again, I see that some of the names I knew from the old days are missing. That is sad because it was a great group of people. But some of them are also still around and I am glad to see them posting. What is even better is that I see lots of new people posting who are just as helpful and pleasant as the old crew was.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As a new guy here, this makes me glad I decided to join this forum.
This board seems to be a little slow compared to some other gun boards I used to participate in, but I don't go for name calling, bickering, and "keyboard fights". Don't get me wrong, I like to fight when it's due, but not over the keyboard. After I joined here, I've spent HOURS reading everything ever posted about Ruger single action revolvers on this board. I haven't seen any belligerence, name calling, and such. I'll stick around for a while. Differences in opinions are always welcome with me, but only if they are delivered with respect, and politeness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts