Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I personally like to introduce Millenials to the more classic platforms out there. If I can convert them into shooters of any kind, that's a victory. One young lady enjoyed the training so much that she decided to get her own pistol, a Walther PPQ. We spent the morning testing rentals for her to decide on it. My wife ended up liking the PPQ, too, by the way, so we got her one (she's not a Millenial, though).

Bottom line: A shooter and member of the 2A cause is a shooter and member of the 2A cause, regardless of the generation. It's incumbent upon Boomers and X'ers to do the recruiting among the latest generations if we want our rights and our beloved hobby to continue.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
That’s the issue with the real baby boomer generation, it’s huge. My father was born in ‘56 and was the youngest of 9. His siblings were spread fairly even over 30 years. No way that generation was contained to 10 years.
But, we still own the High Ground (45-55). :)

Reactions: Frank2041

·
Registered
125 Posts
I guess I fall into that "boomer" category by age ... but ... I have five 1911s, five S&W revolvers and five polymer autos. A little of everything I guess. I have a Winchester .22 rifle that I got when I was eight ('63) and an HK/Walther MP5, .22 rifle that I bought in '19. Yeah, I'm pretty old school on most things but I like new guns and old guns.

If it goes bang and punches little holes in things from a distance I'll try one .... I really don't think my choice of firearms defines my age or politics. If it does I guess having Ruger .22 pistols from both 1980 and 2020 really puts their man buns in a twist. ... 🦝

·
Registered
569 Posts
Reminds me of the time the wife and I were at a car show with our GTO, and this young 20ish couple came up to check it out. Each had an Apple phone in one hand, Starbucks cup in the other, tats decorating most of their exposed body parts, and lots of hardware bolted to their faces. As they were looking and taking pictures, one says to me "it's always you old guys that have the kind of money it takes to own the best muscle cars" (or something like that). All I could say in response was "I guess we're just lucky".
Youth is wasted on the wrong people. 😎

·
Registered
80 Posts
Reminds me of the time the wife and I were at a car show with our GTO, and this young 20ish couple came up to check it out. Each had an Apple phone in one hand, Starbucks cup in the other, tats decorating most of their exposed body parts, and lots of hardware bolted to their faces. As they were looking and taking pictures, one says to me "it's always you old guys that have the kind of money it takes to own the best muscle cars" (or something like that). All I could say in response was "I guess we're just lucky".
I would have said to him "Well maybe it's because us "old guys" spent 50 or so years working our butt's off to pay our bills and for our house, saving some on the side, so when we got older we could finally afford and enjoy all those toys we couldn't afford earlier."

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
On another site someone posted how he overheard to young bucks say "I told you a boomer would buy that gun" ... the gun in question is a Ruger P94 and yes the dude who bought it is a baby boomer. So, I'll wear that moniker of a boomer and be dam proud of my "boomer gun" collection ...
I think I read that 'told you a Boomer would buy that gun' story on another thread!
Hilarious it was!
Boomer's Rule...others Drool!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Boomers and millennials are the same. They just do different things to empower government and strip rights from minority voters. Last time an american generation did anything genuinely right was the first and half of em didn't agree with it.

People think things change, but they never do. A sharp stick will kill you as dead as a .500 magnum to the chest. If it was true 10,000 years ago, it's true still. No mall ninja will offer to get shot by a musket or a .22 and anybody that needs a gun will take whatever they can get.

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think I read that 'told you a Boomer would buy that gun' story on another thread!
Hilarious it was!
Boomer's Rule...others Drool!
It was to funny not to share ...

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,409 Posts
I am an early Boomer and 97.78% of my guns are "Boomer guns".

·
Registered
604 Posts
I own guns made in the fifties, sixties, seventies, nineties and new millennium.

Don’t know what a Boomer gun is but I do know plastic carries day to day easier than metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I would have said to him "Well maybe it's because us "old guys" spent 50 or so years working our butt's off to pay our bills and for our house, saving some on the side, so when we got older we could finally afford and enjoy all those toys we couldn't afford earlier."
There was also a time when our parents told us, "If you want it, you're old enough now, get off your lazy arse, get a job and go earn it!"

·
Registered
248 Posts
And with at least 5 times the skill, 10-50 times the rounds down range.....and much less ambition to Duke it out .......unless need be.
I’d never advocate shooting someone, but, brother and I were talking a few minutes ago about our skill levels and how they vary. A thread similar to this one started the conversation. Due to the fact Ihave a seemingly endless supply of ammo and a 100 yard range in the backyard (220 Yards if I hit it from the patio) if i ever had to, if I can see you, I’m gonna hit you whether you’re 10 yards or hiding in the trees at the edge of the yard at 200, with whatever I happen to have in my hands. 3” 9mm, 5” 1911, 308 rifle... Point I’m making is you hit the nail on the head with how you hone those skills, lot of time behind the trigger and doing so with a variety of weapons. All the weapons in the world won’t save you without the skills.

·
Grand Inquisitor
2,035 Posts
Xer here. Does it go “bang”? Sign me up, if it is ALL STEEL. Plastic is not for me, though I shoot the Tupperware pretty well.

I love that my people were expected to live with low expectations. Nowhere to go but up, dude.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts