Ruger Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered
While not quite a boomer I still prefer steel guns. Only have one plastic fantastic. Just finally added a security six to the collection so I guess that makes me old.

On the very few times I go to a public range there is always some milenial with a glock, They are amazed at how my old man wheel gun put 6 shots in the x @25yards and they are shooting patterns @ 7yds.
I am the last of the boomers and I am with you on steel guns. I have a sig 320, the only polymer gun. I like Stainless.

Registered
I have a P85 that I bought new and then sent it into the factory for the P89 upgrade. I can't really remember what year, but I have to say it was in the 1980's? It was one of my older purchases and I still like it.

Registered
Austrian for Hi-Point
Now THAT鈥橲 funny......
All kidding aside.....first shot a 1911 about 6 decades ago. Still do.
The only plastic gun I have is a H&K USP Elite in 45 acp......so I can shoot 45 Super easier. And for accuracy. And they made machine tooling first
I like accuracy.......call me a boomer. Never thought about it. Always liked accuracy........if any gun isn鈥檛........it goes away.
That鈥檚 what I like most about my favorite 1911......and the only gun I鈥檝e ever had built from scratch........accuracy........

Registered
I quit watching some of the younger guys on You Tube gun channels who think they've re-invented the wheel with their Wonder 9's. Seems like they can't resist mocking Boomers and the AARP crowd, (guilty on both counts), strongly suggesting we take our fondness for revolvers and 1911's back down to the local Moose Lodge and let them show the world how it's done. Hate to admit it, but I do agree with them on one point. My EDC is a poly framed, striker fired auto loader, but it's a 45acp, not a 9mm.

Registered
Missed the boomer gen by 2 years, but identify with boomers more than Xers. Always been a bit of an old soul. Makes sense since most of my guns are based on a 1908 design.

Registered
While not quite a boomer I still prefer steel guns. Only have one plastic fantastic. Just finally added a security six to the collection so I guess that makes me old.

On the very few times I go to a public range there is always some milenial with a glock, They are amazed at how my old man wheel gun put 6 shots in the x @25yards and they are shooting patterns @ 7yds.
I regret getting rid of my Security 6 back in the early 70's! That was my first gun. Still have my P89DC. If I run out of ammo, I can club the attacker to death with it.

Registered
Missed the boomer gen by 2 years, but identify with boomers more than Xers. Always been a bit of an old soul. Makes sense since most of my guns are based on a 1908 design.
Missed boomer by 4 years, if the end was 64', but my old soul associates more w the boomer parents, our grandparents (the greatest generation). The boomers are running DC right now, not my cup O tea. 馃槉

41 - 51 of 51 Posts