Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are in the woods, hunting, fishing, camping, or whatever. And obviously you are armed.

What may or may not be a bigfoot approaches. Do you fire on him?

My answer: yes, and repeatedly with whatever I have on me. Just make sure he sees it coming, so you can be sure it is not some assbag in a suit. The money I would make selling the corpse to Discovery Channel would be worth it, plus I would automatically be the greatest hunter ever. And have my own outdoor show. It would be sweet.

No, the idea of killing a gentle beast does not bother me. And even if I don't drop him and he comes after me, I'll roll the dice against a bleeding half-breed ape.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I read this twice and still don't know if you're serious or not.

If it wasn't looking to do me harm I wouldn't shoot.

And if you're not serious, good one. :)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
like the movie "Harry and the Hendersons"?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
He's probably an old FFL-owner who just couldn't take it anymore and went wild...'course I ain't shavin' him to see....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Never know it could be "OJ" if he ever escapes and been in the woods for a while :D

Seriously, I would not shoot unless it was attacking me or mine.

We here in Montana don't have a season on Red Deer

or Caribou

either, but they are in the woods north of me. We still can not shoot them under no conditions unless they are charging to do us harm.

Now you can see how close those look to elk

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I do not seriously believe in Bigfoot. But he does stare back at me in the mirror when I brush my teeth in the morning.

Yes, if I were proven wrong, I would shoot him dead.

·
Registered
714 Posts
There are three situations in which I will be pulling the trigger.

1) Im gonna eat it afterwards

2) It was gonna eat ME beforwards

3) Target practice.

:D

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't think I would shoot Bigfoot. But I would shoot the "assbag in a suit."

·
Registered
295 Posts
A creature that has manifested itself with such freedom and lived this solitude lifestyle. My opinion; if a 'Bigfoot' were to pass through my life experiences; I again would be privileged; needless to say; protect but not harm.
and would never say a dang thing about it:)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rp_cavanaugh

What may or may not be a bigfoot approaches.
I believe I would have to stop drinking as I have never been drunk enough to see ghosts or bigfoot

·
Registered
68 Posts
If I saw a bigfoot I would whack it in a New York second. It's gotta be worth more than a new world record whitetail, besides I would like to see the look on my taxidermist when I took it in to be mounted.MMMMM I wonder how much Bass Pro would give for one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A "What If" that will never, ever happen, but I don't shoot anything that isn't "in season", unless my safety is threatened.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'd let him go...I look at critters like they're moving food, and as I wouldn't eat an ape unless I was starving, and he's not a varmit that needs population control, what's the point?

It would be like shooting a panda bear in the wild!

·
Registered
237 Posts
OK I'll go along with the premise that there's a bigfoot.If it came into my camp,I would try and communicate with it.You know with sign language,some grunting,show it some pictures of my family.Hopefully it would lead me to where its family has been hiding out.Then I would show them a picture of my mother-inlaw.That would show them who the meanest,baddest,creature ever to walk on two legs really is.This should drive them so deep into the mountains,never to be seen again and thereby preserving the species.

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
my ma in law can woop yo ma in law.....wanna bet?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
3AE, better hold off on the grunting....might accidently grunt out the mating call of the female Bigfoot...that's what he's been searching for all these years....might not give you time to explain....:)

·
Registered
237 Posts
3AE, better hold off on the grunting....might accidently grunt out the mating call of the female Bigfoot...that's what he's been searching for all these years....might not give you time to explain....:)
LOL!!! Good point sheepdog.I didn't consider the "lost in the translation" danger! I'll have to bone up on sign language.But I always carry the picture of my mother in-law.It's part of my CCW arsenal. You'd be surprised the number of times it's gotten me out of trouble.Plus whenever I hear someone complaining about how bad life is treating them at my favorite watering hole,I just show them the picture.Never fails to get me a sympathy beer!!!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
LOL!!! Good point sheepdog.I didn't consider the "lost in the translation" danger! I'll have to bone up on sign language.But I always carry the picture of my mother in-law.It's part of my CCW arsenal. You'd be surprised the number of times it's gotten me out of trouble.Plus whenever I hear someone complaining about how bad life is treating them at my favorite watering hole,I just show them the picture.Never fails to get me a sympathy beer!!!
ROTFLMAO, I couldn't type for awhile after reading this, 3 AE..., just a thought but they say like mother, like daughter....Hhhhmmm.

Now I am gonna duck.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts