Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunting in NC Saturday with my Mission Riot Bow and my Ruger GP100 6" Stainless I spotted a deer about 70 yards away from a borrowed 16' treestand to far away for a bow shot so I pulled out my Ruger housed in my Guides Choice Holster Chest Holster I squeezed off a shot while the deer was slowly walking, I missed but the deer stopped giving me another opportunity at another shot. I stood up with a two handed grip and squeezed off another round when the deer kicked out I knew I hit em'. I immediately got out the borrowed treestand and made it to the spot where I thought the deer kicked out, I found blood not much but blood nevertheless I followed the trail and found more blood the blood had bubbles it (Lung Shot) I spotted the deer (6 pointer from the stand it looked like a small doe) I walked up on him put him to sleep 1 shot to the head.
Ammo used was Hornady LeveRevolution .357 Mag140gr FTX. Using my Scout 1000 with ARC I ranged the shot at 72 yards. I never realized I could shoot this well.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have been interested to try the leverevolution out of my handgun. Sounds like it works well. I wonder how it compares to other hunting .357 ammo.

Doesn't mean much to me yet, as I only have an SP101 but the next on my list is a hunting revolver.

Congrats on the deer. I got my first deer this year, also a 6 pointer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.