Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the range yesterday. I didn't shoot farther than 50yds, but I will next time (today?).

The Mutt:
I just picked this up on Tuesday. As I am, there are panick buyers in the shop panic buying... Amusing.

It's called a Century C308. They're about $600 and they are a fun mutt. PTR makes a host of parts for this rifle. The rest is surplus Spanish CETME parts. This rifle is built much better than the previous Cetmes from Century which more closely resembled the rifle. The C308 is more of a HK91/PTR91 clone with military bolt carrier, sight, and trunions.

It shot well, functioned well, and really made my day. 762 battle rifles are just plain fun. All my surplus HK mags ran well. I have no complaints aside from the rear sight- I'm not in love. However, these rifles have a welded 1913 rail on top. An optic may just find its way on there (no claw mount!)

Nothing special:

Initial pics when I got it:

The Underfolder:
I did some similar shooting with my Romanian WASR UF. Shot where I pointed it. I was breaking clays and then I did a 50 yard group. I didn't measure, but I was about 2". I can live with that.

Did I mention I was shooting off a wood pile and my trunk? Talk about informal! :D

I like my UF, but it hurts. You have to be careful sholdering it and with your cheek weld. That metal bar is not forgiving.

Here's the UF... Love that ugly furniture!

The Convert:
This rifle gave me a laugh. It was accurate, reliable, and fun. It shot low, but that's easily fixed with a sight tool from the kit.

Now, these rifles have a rear of basic conversion. I did a little extra to it. I was worried the gas tube my be a problem. Nope. I did a nice job with that. What I didn't expect was my handguard conversion. I didn't clamp down the bolt-on retainer well enough and my handguard fell off. So what did I do? I beat it back on with a log! IS AK!! :p

My impeccable skills to tighten bolts:

Easy fix. Had a great time. I had to cut my time short for a meeting. I wanted to shoot farther. All good.

I ran all types of mags- surplus, Magpul polymers and reinforced polymer, US Palm, and some surplus I Cerakoted. All worked well.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Those are nice. I love the look of the AK under folder. It is a beautiful gun in an ugly sort of way.
Fixing your gun with a log, I have used percussion maintenance in the past to fix things like guns, mags, cars and such. Let us know how they do at 100 yards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.