Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Wandering Sandlapper
3,281 Posts
I own both. Like both, and like is probably too timid a description.

Both are extremely good pistols, but very different.

The SP2022 is DA/SA hammer fired, changeable grips and the trigger can be swapped out fairly easily for the skinny trigger if you have small hands. It is as accurate, and apparently durable as it's metal framed brothers. A true Sig at an amazing value price.

The PPQ is SA (safety trigger) striker fired. Accurate, light with probably the best ergonomics I have ever felt in a handgun. Once you get used to the paddle mag releases you wish all your guns were equipped that way.

The PPQ trigger has the quickest reset I have found on any gun. It will reset far more quickly than you can get back on target. The pull is light (@ #4), a little pre-travel but clean quick break. It is as accurate as you are likely to be. Nothing short of phenomenal.

If I had a criticism of the PPQ, the striker is precocked, so the only thing preventing the discharge is a light safety action trigger. I'd only recommend as a carry gun for someone who spends a lot of time practicing draws, you want to keep your finger OFF the trigger.

If there is a criticism of the Sig it's the DA/SA trigger, while it is one of the best Sig triggers, mastering the DA/SA transition takes some range time. It's my favorite system for carry, but I shoot it a lot.

Which works best for you depends on skill level, desire and comfort with the action.

I prefer...:rolleyes: both! IMO the best two examples of their types (hammer/strike) of poly pistols available. Hope that clears things up ! :D

· Wandering Sandlapper
3,281 Posts
How is the overall accuracy of the PPQ compared to a Mark III target model?
I'd like to get into something really accurate, and the cost of .22 ammo sure doesn't hurt. ;)
Kinda like comparing apples and oranges.

The PPQ is extremely accurate, but handling the recoil and recovery on a centerfire is quite different than a rimfire.

The ergonomics and trigger make the PPQ an extremely easy gun to shoot accurately, but balance, aim, trigger control are what really determines accuracy.

Either will serve you well, but they are different guns for different purposes.

· Wandering Sandlapper
3,281 Posts
chanaski I have to say the PPQ is my favorite semi-auto, (except for my Sig P226, some things are just eternal).

If I didn't have one it would be at the top of my list.

· Wandering Sandlapper
3,281 Posts
@JimB120:
I'm in!
I'd love a P226, but I could get almost 2000 rounds of 9mm for the difference in price!
I heard that!

You can get a good used P226 for about the same price as a new PPQ, and a previously exercised Sig classic is just getting broken in well. :D

Frankly I'd hate to have to make the choice between those two.

· Wandering Sandlapper
3,281 Posts
Unfortunately, here in the Sheeple's Republik of NJ, the used guns are few and far between, there are no gun shows and I don't think that the pawn shops really have a big selection.
I don't even want to think what a nightmare an online, out-of-state firearm purchase might entail.:rolleyes:
My condolences. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.