Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a 1972 (year I was born) Ruger <s>Mark 1</s> Standard that may be coming home with me. I'll know for sure in a few days (auction).

I think I am going to start collecting Ruger Mark pistols... I've owned several Mark pistols over the years and miss everyone I've ever sold.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I got an old Ruger MKI that was bough new in 1978. All these years and still works fine. I think everybody in the family has shot it at one time or another. I wouldn't sell her for anything.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 1972 Ruger Standard I just bought arrived yesterday. Let me tell you how dirty that thing was! During disassembly, large clots of carbon and dirt was falling out of the thing! I was disassembling it at the kitchen table, and my wife that was sitting across the room, asked "What's is all that black stuff in the floor?". I gave it a thorough cleaning, knocking out all the pins (except one) and rubbed it down with solvent. Using a toothbrush (the wifes) I scrubbed the insides. Then I oiled it down and put it back together. Looks almost brand new now :)

I'll post pics this weekend.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Congrats, now that you have it cleaned up, you need to take it out and shoot it. Then let us know how you like it. :D

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
.22 boring? never. You just don't have enough targets.

·
Registered
216 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

The 1972 Ruger Standard I just bought arrived yesterday. Let me tell you how dirty that thing was! During disassembly, large clots of carbon and dirt was falling out of the thing! I was disassembling it at the kitchen table, and my wife that was sitting across the room, asked "What's is all that black stuff in the floor?". I gave it a thorough cleaning, knocking out all the pins (except one) and rubbed it down with solvent. Using a toothbrush (the wifes) I scrubbed the insides. Then I oiled it down and put it back together. Looks almost brand new now :)

Ok, Keith... wheres the pics you promised?!?!? [8D]

·
Registered
14 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

Yes... but what about the floor? [:eek:)]

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by Ruger Packer
Ok, Keith... wheres the pics you promised?!?!? [8D]
I got shipped to Boston, MA. When I get home, I'll post. promise.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by 9x19
Yes... but what about the floor? [:eek:)]
The wife wouldn't let me eat dinner until the floor was clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts