Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ran across a nice '91 FEG Hi Power (just North of $300.00) and decided to add it as a stablemate to my '94 Browning Hi Power. While it has a bit of holster wear and a 6 lb trigger (my Browning clocks in at about 4.5 lb), and while neither are the prettiest girls on the block, they're both great shooters and similar in accuracy as you can see below (sub 1" free hand groups at 10 yards) :)

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Real nice HPs, Buck! They seem pretty stinkin' accurate. I debated grabbing an Israeli HP at Aim Surplus. Then I waited too long. Maybe next time. They seem like great pistols and are certainly a classic.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Real nice HPs, Buck! They seem pretty stinkin' accurate. I debated grabbing an Israeli HP at Aim Surplus. Then I waited too long. Maybe next time. They seem like great pistols and are certainly a classic.
Neon ... neither is quite as accurate as my CZ 75b but both are pretty close. Based on my research, the FEG is generally considered the best of the HP clones. One of the additional reasons I added the FEG to my collection was as a third (occasional) carry option. Carrying it as we speak :)

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
Neon ... neither is quite as accurate as my CZ 75b but both are pretty close. Based on my research, the FEG is generally considered the best of the HP clones. One of the additional reasons I added the FEG to my collection was as a third (occasional) carry option. Carrying it as we speak :)

Nice pick up Buck ...

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Hard to beat a HP35.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice pick up Buck ...
Thanks rm63 ... I'm very pleased with it so far. The seller threw in a "Combat Armory" leather IWB holster. While I hadn't heard of it before, it's actually a pretty comfortable little holster.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hard to beat a HP35.
Indeed it is (JM Browning was a pretty darn good designer ;)). I had been looking for a Browning at a decent price for several years and finally found one early last year. I recently stumbled onto the FEG and couldn't pass up the deal :)

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats on the Hi Power and nice shooting with both of them.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on the Hi Power and nice shooting with both of them.
Thanks WS. Even though they both only have the basic fixed front and windage adjustable rear sights, they both shoot nicely to point of aim. At some point I may get the FN slide milled to accept a nice set of adjustable target sights.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Keep an eye on CDISales on GunBroker. They frequently have good condition HiPowers available.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,704 Posts
BuckJM53, And the problem is???? What ever it is, I think you found an excellent solution. BTW, at last count there were 13 countries producing BHPs ... some are licensed from Browning or FN ... most are just clones. A few years ago I bought a 40 S&W BHP and I think it was made in Poland ... a truly excellent piece, although I later sold it. I still have my 1959 vintage BHP (9mm) ... a great shooter but I agree, not quite as accurate as my CZ 75b.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
BuckJM53, And the problem is???? What ever it is, I think you found an excellent solution. BTW, at last count there were 13 countries producing BHPs ... some are licensed from Browning or FN ... most are just clones. A few years ago I bought a 40 S&W BHP and I think it was made in Poland ... a truly excellent piece, although I later sold it. I still have my 1959 vintage BHP (9mm) ... a great shooter but I agree, not quite as accurate as my CZ 75b.
Iowegan ... The problem is they seem to be addictive (much like CZs and Rugers) :D

When you get a moment, I'd sure love to see a picture or two of that '59 BHP :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts