Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked out a Smith&Wesson M&P 40 and fell in love with it. It's the most ergonomic pistol I've ever handled. Shoots great. So, for the first time in years, I'll be packing a non-Ruger on duty. If the SR9 can match this, I'll switch back, but for now....

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I to am waiting to see the new ruger.

Congrats on the smith! They are doing what ruger should have done--get into the leo market with a striker fired weapon and give glock a run for its money. hate to say this but........

"If you build it, they will come".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really dislike Glocks. The Smith is far superior to hold. Still love my 345, but this suits my on duty needs better.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like my Rugers but, I like my Glocks also. I hope Ruger is coming out with a stricker fired pistol. I also hope it is not to late. Pops

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I've only shot one M&P. It was a 45 that poncaguy owns. I believe that they are pretty good firearms.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I've no experience with the M&P but from what I've read in-depth and from what other's accounts, they're very well built and handle quite well also.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Sometimes you just have to stray from the flock! Looks like a great gun megjur.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is a great looking gun.;) Just from looking at the picture you posted I'm seriously considering one.

Please tell me about the trigger. Is it more like a Glock (fake "double action" by which I mean the striker is under tension) or a Taurus (a true double action where at rest the striker is under no tension)?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd have to say its more Glock like, but better. Relatively short and smooth, and I hear it gets better with more rounds. It has a similar passive trigger system safety like the Glock and the Sigma.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts