Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While many here and elsewhere are remembering the planes, the devastation, the death wrought upon us on this day 14 years ago, I choose to remember the best of today. The Firefighters and first responders.

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all the Firefighters and first responders out there, who on any given day, are running toward burning buildings while the rest of us are running away from them. There are few among us who have not been affected by what you do in some way at some time, be it fighting a fire or teaching us or our children about fire safety and evacuation in an emergency. You folks touch lives at every level.

I just wanted to let you know that your fallen are not forgotten, nor is your sacrifice unrecognized. From me to you, thank you. God bless every one of you and your families and I pray he keeps you safe and keeps you strong.

Reactions: DCD327

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Well stated.
I agree and truly appreciate and respect the first responders in any emergency situation.
Thanks for the thread.

·
Administrator
22,143 Posts
Let us never forget all the good Americans that lost their lives on 9/11.

·
Registered
159 Posts
While many here and elsewhere are remembering the planes, the devastation, the death wrought upon us on this day 14 years ago, I choose to remember the best of today. The Firefighters and first responders.

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all the Firefighters and first responders out there, who on any given day, are running toward burning buildings while the rest of us are running away from them. There are few among us who have not been affected by what you do in some way at some time, be it fighting a fire or teaching us or our children about fire safety and evacuation in an emergency. You folks touch lives at every level.

I just wanted to let you know that your fallen are not forgotten, nor is your sacrifice unrecognized. From me to you, thank you. God bless every one of you and your families and I pray he keeps you safe and keeps you strong.
You are quite welcome but the thanks is not necessary. I have been a volunteer firefighter/EMT for over 38 years and I as I would guess the majority of my brothers and sister first reponders did not get into this vocation/avocation for the pats on the back. There is a job to be done and we do it! We are not heroes but members of the human race doing what God thinks is the right thing for us to do. Again the kind words are very appreciated but we will continue to do what we do whether it's running into burning buildings, standing along a dangerous freezing highway or being shot at by bad guys trying to do harm we will still be there because that is what we do.

God Bless
Ron

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
God Bless America..

·
Registered
971 Posts
Very well stated. I developed a tremendous respect for first responders on 9/11/01. I was at the Trade Center, North Tower when the first plane struck. I saw and heard things that never should have hapened in this great country. I saw and heard people stuck on the higher floors, unable to escape and jump to their deaths to avoid being burned to death.
I also saw first responders run, not away, but to the burning towers only to be killed in the collapse. I will never forget those sights or sounds.
Later, in the following weeks, I saw flattened fire trucks and police cars on North End Ave, just a reminder of what those brave first responders went through. I, for one will never forget.
God Bless this great country and God Bless the first responders and all those in uniform that protect her and her citizens.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Yup. One goes through life praying they never need them, but when you do, they are real lifesavers for sure. In more ways than one. God bless them all.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Somber thoughts. Thanks for the thread.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Amen! The appreciate continues...in spite of our country's leaders and their opinion!

·
Pony Soldier
8,749 Posts
You are quite welcome but the thanks is not necessary. I have been a volunteer firefighter/EMT for over 38 years and I as I would guess the majority of my brothers and sister first reponders did not get into this vocation/avocation for the pats on the back. There is a job to be done and we do it! We are not heroes but members of the human race doing what God thinks is the right thing for us to do. Again the kind words are very appreciated but we will continue to do what we do whether it's running into burning buildings, standing along a dangerous freezing highway or being shot at by bad guys trying to do harm we will still be there because that is what we do.

God Bless
Ron
Well said Ron.
I do it because it is my way of helping people in their worst of times.
A way to give back to my community.

Greg

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very well stated. I developed a tremendous respect for first responders on 9/11/01. I was at the Trade Center, North Tower when the first plane struck. I saw and heard things that never should have hapened in this great country. I saw and heard people stuck on the higher floors, unable to escape and jump to their deaths to avoid being burned to death.
I also saw first responders run, not away, but to the burning towers only to be killed in the collapse. I will never forget those sights or sounds.
Later, in the following weeks, I saw flattened fire trucks and police cars on North End Ave, just a reminder of what those brave first responders went through. I, for one will never forget.
God Bless this great country and God Bless the first responders and all those in uniform that protect her and her citizens.
Can't even imagine what horror and bravery you witnessed that day. Watched one of the documentaries on 9/11 and one segment they interviewed some firemen who survived the second tower collapse. They were on the fourth floor I believe and a reinforced floor deflected the debris and protected them. Rescued by their brothers, amazing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Very well said. Thank you to all the 1st responders everywhere. You never know when or if you will need them, but everyone is so glad when they show up.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are quite welcome but the thanks is not necessary. I have been a volunteer firefighter/EMT for over 38 years and I as I would guess the majority of my brothers and sister first reponders did not get into this vocation/avocation for the pats on the back.
No, I am quite sure yall didn't take on the role for the 'Atta boys. But that doesn't mean they are not well deserved. You cold have chosen a safe career as a used car salesman. But you didn't.

Its not about pats on the back. Its about showing respect for those who you may well owe your life to, either already or in the future.

The same goes for our military personnel. Most don't do it for the pats either. But, again, respect for laying it all on the line when the need calls.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts