Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My late brother in law, Henry Hudson of Covington, Tn told me once about what happened to him. He grew up on a plantation in a little community just east of Covington called Charleston. He was born in 1924 and lived with his parents, some siblings and his grandfather. His grandfather by this time was quite elderly but Henry loved him. His grandfather had been captured at Shiloh by Union forces and held in a POW camp in New York till 1865 and he made his way home on foot. Henry said his Dad always kept a loaded rifle behind the kitchen door and he was always curious about it. One day, when he was about 4 he reached over and pulled the trigger on rifle and it went off. Scared him half to death, everyone came running and his dad jerked him up to hit him and the old grandpa came in the door and said, "You hit that kid, I'll hit you for the time you did the same thing.."

He said his Daddy put him down and everyone got calmed down...

Even in the old days, they were having these discussions.....

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
So how many holes where in the ceiling? It is funny that dad did the same thing.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Like father, like son, Cool how the grandpaw handled it. Dad still had the respect to back down!
Kids that've been whupped good once or twice as kids remember it a long time. When my grandad died, I was twice his size, but he could still make me duck. That's how it oughta be.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Kids that've been whupped good once or twice as kids remember it a long time. When my grandad died, I was twice his size, but he could still make me duck. That's how it oughta be.
Part of that is memory telling you to duck, part is knowing that Gramps can't go more than 1 or 2 rounds, so he's gonna hurt ya quick. Then you'll get another wisdom drenched anecdote to think on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts