Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sure looks nice indeed. Great to hear. I have come to rely on Ruger for quality arms. Bet they will do a good job on this one.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Guys , I think you may be misreading . Title is purposefully misleading ,,,,, and a question !
That is not a picture of a new production Ruger made gun. Old stock photo .
Writer is referencing that "Will a stainless 30-30 be the first gun to roll off ? "
Of course it will be .
Purely a fluff piece of writing with no real facts.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I been kicking myself for not getting a 336 before production stopped. I'll sell my Win 94ae around hunting season. The 94 does not do well with optics for me.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys , I think you may be misreading . Title is purposefully misleading ,,,,, and a question !
Writer is referencing that "Will a stainless 30-30 be the first gun to roll off ? "
Of course it will be .
The title was a question, that's what the ? means.

No where in the article does he state any of it is "fact", however everything he posts is very reasonable.

I'm sorry you were unable to read it for what it is/was.

"Breaking news, maybe..... I was fortunate enough to speak with an industry insider yesterday who will remain nameless for the purposes, of well - protection of the innocent?"

"While none of this has been confirmed by Marlin or Ruger officials it's considered to be a logical path forward for one of the most famous lever action producers looking back in history."

"I'm also assuming that the timeline mentioned above makes sense and is doable even with supply chain issues throughout the manufacturing industry."

"They did indicate in a public announcement earlier this year that they were focused on the 2nd half of 2021 for releases. So a September time line looks realistic."

"Our "industry insider" also mentioned that multiple knowledgable North Haven employees (pre Remington employees of Marlin) have been picked up by the Mayodan plant. This is another indicator of a successful launch which Remington failed at when they closed North Haven and moved all production to their Ilion, New York facility."

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Good news, indeed. Looks like they kept that stupid crossbolt safety, though.
I would think they would keep everything the same for a while, and then gradually make more and more changes (improvements) as time passes and they get more familiar with the Marlin line. I was a troubleshooter for a hospital management company for many years. My philosophy was that I changed nothing except terrible glaring problems the first month or so and then I hammered down once I had the lay of the land. But I started out as a tough, no-nonsense CEO, who could subsequently lighten up if I wanted to, and kept to the rules. That worked just fine for me. Better to take your time and not make a change you might have to reverse down the road.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Of course it will be .
As another mentioned, this may be an "old stock" photo.

I grew up hunting with a 336 that I still have, in blue like it should be, and in 35 Remington. Marlin made the 336 in SS back in the day and they did not sell very well. We'll see I guess. I am glad that Ruger bought Marlin, but to be honest the 336 was one of the few Marlins that interested me. My 35 Remington will be tossed in my final resting place with me.

I may just have to take my 35 to the deer stand this year.

·
Registered
592 Posts
My 870 Wingmaster is 1982, and back then had the good wood and bluing.
IMO, the Express are just cheap and ugly.
I bought a new V3 for trap, and it has that nasty black finish like the Express.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
I have an early 90's 870 Express Magnum I bought new. Yeah, it has the matte finish and plastic stock but that shotgun has been a stone cold killer on all manner of birds and small game. It's never hiccuped in any way. It's been in duck blinds, goose blinds, dove fields, quail fields and turkey cover. I've contemplated putting some wood furniture on it and I might someday but I keep getting distracted by other projects.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My 870 Wingmaster is 1982, and back then had the good wood and bluing.
IMO, the Express are just cheap and ugly.
I bought a new V3 for trap, and it has that nasty black finish like the Express.
The current shotgun market is terrible. Import restrictions (no guns imported that hold more than five in the tube), and Remington's problems have really given Mossberg a complete monopoly when it comes to U.S. produced defensive/riot pump actions. There is a big opportunity there and Ruger should consider producing a quality pump action under the Marlin brand. Sporting versions and 18-20" models (with a full length mag tube) would be very strong sellers.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts