Ruger Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Henry now has some side gate rifles.
My only complaint with Henry is the weight. Their Big Boy in .44mag is a chore to carry in the woods while hunting, I never had that problem with the Marlin 1894. I regret selling that Marlin now.

Here is one of their "All weather" side gate rifles (just in case the new marlins don't fit your needs).

I salivated when I saw their new side gate rifles. They're kind of hard to get, though. One of these days, one might make it into my hands. I had no idea they were making all-weather versions of them now. Oooh boy. I think that's going to be my next lever gun, right there.
I have an 1894 Remlin in .357 that's a sweet shooter. Who knows.. maybe it has some collectors value.
I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Only so many probably were ever made, and that can convey value in and of itself.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, Marlin made a 336 .44 mag for 2 or 3 years in the 1960's, but they never made a 336 .357 mag.

I also remember that they had a number of problems with the 336, in .44 mag, thus they came out with the 1894.

That is if my memory is correct.
I had one and it cost me a deer. It jammed feeding the 1st round and it took me a while to clear it. It had loading issues. One of my grandsons got an early inheritance with my 1894CS 357.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts