Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... It's been almost a full year in the making, but I think I have my trio of Rugers where I want them to be. Interestingly, they all ended up wearing Hogue grips of one form or another.

From top to bottom:
• Ruger Mini 14 Tactical (581 Series) with a Hogue Overmolded Stock and a Nikon 1-4x20 AR223 Scope in Warne QD Medium Rings

• Ruger 10/22 with a Hogue Overmolded Stock, UltraDot 30mm in Weaver Quad-Lock Rings with a Weaver Rail, Tactical Solutions 16.5" Fluted Barrel, and Power Customs Trigger Components, Extended Mag Release and Bolt Handle

• Ruger 22/45 MKIII Hunter with a Hogue Wrap-Around Finger Grooves Grip, Burris FastFire III in Ruger Dovetail Mount and Volquartsen Internals with MKII Hammer and Bushing

I'm done with them all, I think and have just purchased a stripped AR lower to start a build. I need a couple more jobs to keep my bank account and gun safe at equal levels... :D

Thanks for all of the help from the amazing forum members here for helping me get these done. All of your expertise and opinions greatly shaped these awesome firearms and I couldn't be more happy with them.

Best,
Matthew

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Nice looking trio. I have those Hogue wrap around grips on my 22/45 Lite.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah, the day I bought my 10/22 Carbine I also bought the Hogue stock for it.
I never even fired the carbine in it's original stock. Got it home, switched the stocks then and there.
I really like the fit and feel of the Hogue.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the day I bought my 10/22 Carbine I also bought the Hogue stock for it.
I never even fired the carbine in it's original stock. Got it home, switched the stocks then and there.
I really like the fit and feel of the Hogue.
I tried a Revolution Yukon stock first, but found it to be way too heavy so I went with the Hogue. Never looked back. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's a fine looking collection! Love that Mini!

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a fine looking collection! Love that Mini!
Much appreciated, my friend! I love the Mini as well. My buddy asked me the other day which of my guns was my favorite. It's awfully hard to pick a favorite, but that Mini is darn close to my idea of a perfect rifle. Small, fast, light, reliable, rugged. All great qualities. It eats crappy $5 Russian Walmart special ammo all day and keeps shooting. Hard not to love a gun like that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Much appreciated, my friend! I love the Mini as well. My buddy asked me the other day which of my guns was my favorite. It's awfully hard to pick a favorite, but that Mini is darn close to my idea of a perfect rifle. Small, fast, light, reliable, rugged. All great qualities. It eats crappy $5 Russian Walmart special ammo all day and keeps shooting. Hard not to love a gun like that.
I have the same problem when asked to pick which of my rifles is my favorite. Its just a fantastic rifle.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I just got a 10-22 (#4 for me) with a Bull Barrel w/compensator, a Leupold scope, and a Hogue green stock. I like the feel of the stock, especially with the oversized barrel, but I think the 'green color' is Puke-Ugly. Not sure what I am going to do with it at this time.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the kind comments guys!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Very nice Matthew rain or shine the Hogue stocks and grips are well worth the money. I have several of them myself.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very nice Matthew rain or shine the Hogue stocks and grips are well worth the money. I have several of them myself.
Agreed. I like them because they offer a consistent product at a good price. I know that when I buy one of their stocks, it will fit what I'm buying it for and they have yet to show me anything different.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts