Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I went on a little road trip today. I had a revolver on layaway at a store in Owensboro, Ky. and the city was also hosting an Air Show (featuring the Thunderbirds). Add in the thought of some barbecue and off we went.

Made the trip to the gun store first. The revolver was already paid off and just needed to be picked up. Was looking around in their "used firearms" case and saw it: a like-new-in-the-box Ruger Night Watchman CMD.

It wasn't supposed to be there. It was showing on their website as in stock but I had called a week or so back and was told it was gone. Turns out the previous buyer was either delayed or denied by NICS, so the unit went back on the shelf.

Now it has a new home with a couple of it's SR1911 brethren.

BK

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congratulations on your find. Love to have a "lucky" day like that.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I to recently purchased a SR1911 NWCS. I selected this particular model over a standard SR1911 and a Colt Commander. The only problem I have with mine is the fixed rear sight. The point of aim on my pistol is 7 yards. This is ok for self defense but I wanted to be able to hit targets out to 25 yards. I called TALO the distributor that created the NW and was told there are no adjustable night sights for it.
I then contacted Novak the firm that made the fixed sight and they do have two versions. The older sight which has two dots requires the slot the rear sight is attached to the slide to be recut. The second does not require any modifications to the slide. I plan on sending my SR1911 to them next week to have the new version rear sight installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts