Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Looks like your all ready for the Bar-B-Q on Saturday night. They are very good looking. Good picture too. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Nice! Do you lay that on the table when you sit down to play Saturday night poker?:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice set of grips. I bought a pair just like those from someone on e-bay and it was the first time I lost money.

The holes had inserts installed that were too small to accept the standard grip screw.

How that happened, I don't know and I almost had them fixed as I was knocking the inserts out to install the proper ones when I chipped a piece of grip material out of them so in the trash they went. :(

The good news is I have Cary's grips installed now on my Single Six.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cary does beautiful work! These "Aces" came with a new screw. I didn't notice a size difference from the original.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Vetteman

Cary does beautiful work! These "Aces" came with a new screw. I didn't notice a size difference from the original.
Ruger uses a #6-40 size grip screw. Lots of those after market fake ivory and stag grip have #5-40 grip screw and ferrules in them. Most of those brass ferrules you see in grips are #5-40.

My screws, blued and stainless are #6-40.

·
Registered
18 Posts
quote:Originally posted by caryc

quote:Originally posted by Vetteman

Ruger uses a #6-40 size grip screw. Lots of those after market fake ivory and stag grip have #5-40 grip screw and ferrules in them. Most of those brass ferrules you see in grips are #5-40.

My screws, blued and stainless are #6-40.
I realized afterwards that I should have just went and bought the correct size screw for them but NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

LOL, oh well live and learn! [B)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts