Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many others, I am now looking to add a handgun or two to my limited number of owned firearms. Not sure where to start in this forum but I thought here would be a good place to enter my question. I want a handgun for home protection and conceal carry. I am interested in the P95, SR40 and SP101 357 in 4.2". I would love to hear peoples opinions on which one should be my first purchase. I dont know how much carrying I will do but I am taking the classes next week to get my license. I am very interested in hearing comments.

Thanks,

10yck

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum - from "The Mountain State"

There are so many variables as to which makes the best HD or carry gun. Wheel guns are good in that they will mostly likely do what you need if the time ever comes.

For me, at the moment, my carry is a Beretta Nano 9mm. I keep a S&W Sigma .40 cal with laser sight by the bed - mostly because it has a tremendously heavy trigger which makes it not my gun of choice for target or plinking, so it earns it keep that way.

If you get a gun that is too large for CC, you will end up not taking it with you when you should. A small and compact 9 is better than no gun at all.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...You may want to post this question in the Tavern to get a broad selection of answers to help you find the correct handgun...

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Welcome from central Kansas.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Welcome from the Southern-tier of New York State.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome from mid-coast Maine and good luck with your search for the right weapon for your needs. This is a good place to read plenty of information on any number of candidates to fill your needs.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome from TN. I have an SR9C WHich shoots good, easy to handle, easy to carry. But there are many more options out there, you have to find one that feels good to you. I would suggest going to a gun range or gun shop that lets you try before you buy, which will help with your decision. Good luck--- It is hard to pick just one-- LOL. I am still working on my list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I will start pouring through the forums to help make a decision. One last question, do you think the P95 or SR40 is too large for CC or should I look for something smaller like the Beretta Nano 9mm that Wv Dave suggests?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome from SC. I have several Carry guns. a Ruger LCP & a LCR in .38 Special. My favorite right now is a S&W M&P Shield. Nice size 9mm.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.