Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a TK Victory trigger on the 22/45Lite. Does anyone think I need to add the Vol target sear, is it worth it, will I notice a difference? Thank you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I put the trigger in mine a few days ago. While it does feel better without the take up and over travel it didn't significantly lower the pull weight, so I will be ordering a sear and maybe a hammer too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You will notice a big difference with the sear. Have installed it in five MK III pistols with a maximum pull of just under 2 pounds. The lightest is about 1 pound 7 ounces.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate all the input! I will have the new pistol in a couple weeks, and am gonna drop the new sear in it to see the difference. Then I may do the hammer, we'll see. Looking forward to pimping out the new 22/45 Lite!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed the full Volquartsen kit in my Mk. lll 22/45 Lite--Mk. ll bushing, trigger/plunger and sear. Wow! Can't wait to get to the range. The light trigger is a real advantage for the 22/45 Lite.

PC

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
For the Ruger 22/45, the trigger really doesn't effect much for pull weight - only pre and over travel. The polished plunger and reduced power plunger spring improve feel a bit, and reduce pull a bit, but converting the positive sear angle makes the bigger difference for pull weight.

The Sear and Springs make the pull lighter, the triggers only make the trigger pull feel better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts