Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of good adj. sights front and rear for this gun? If so how much gunsmithing is involved?

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Anyone know of good adj. sights front and rear for this gun? If so how much gunsmithing is involved?
Amigo, honest, no disrespect implied or intended. There exists exactly what you're seeking . . . A Blackhawk. I suggest you consider trading for one or adding one to your collection. Voila! Instant Vaquero with adjustable sights and no gunsmithing involved. :)

BTW, WELCOME to the forum.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry, but why would you want adjustable sights on a Vaquaro? I though the gun was designed as a cowboy gun... draw and fire. If you want to adjust sights for windage and elevation you might want to consider another gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. Point taken. I have the gun in my collection, it's perfectly capable of shooting accurately, all it's missing are sights. But I get your point and thanks my friend!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Once you get your fixed sights dialed in to the load you want to use they can be better and stronger than adjustable sights. The rear sight grove can be filed to move right of left and the front sight filed or added to for elavation

·
Registered
89 Posts
Telebooger! Been planning a project gun and have the same question. The Blackhawk is to large and the Single Six and will only handle 5 rounds of the desired ammo. I have four Vaqueros and when I take the calipers to them the Vaquero revolver frame is the perfect size, but no adjustable rear sights. I was advised to buy a 357 Blackhawk to build the gun, but when delivered it was the same size as the 44 mag. Then there is the blind eye test. Close your eyes, point the gun, open your eyes. How far off is the gun aimed? The blackhawks are big to my eye. The Vaqueros point easily and stays on target. It would be nice to have that extra precision adjustable sights provide. Not every target is a steel plate at 25 to 50 feet. Keep asking questions. I have learned alot on this sight.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
The Blackhawk is to large ...
Not if you buy a Ruger .45 Colt flattop BH. Same medium frame as the New Vaquero but with adjustable sights. Win Win.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeap...If I had it to do over again I'd sold these Davidson Dist. Vaquero guns and found me a couple of flat tops. Sent them off for an action job, case harden the frames and some grips.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
jpglsg, still your revolvers are really nice looking. I sure wish Ruger would put a nice case colored finish on their revolvers. I like blued, but case colored is just a nice touch and gives that 'old' look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts