Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow lcp owners ,
I've had mine for 2 years now and it's shot fine . However , I've only ran exactly 143 rounds thru it .
100 of those rounds were my reloads using Hornady's xtp's and I had 1 FTE . Maybe my reload ? 43 were the cheapest round nose I could buy and no problems there . I have 7 left that I load when I carry concealed .
Don't want to assume so my question is , what exactly will changing the guide rod do for my gun ?
Also, ( more questions ) , what other improvements might be worth trying ? Is it really recommended with these lcp's or should I just shoot it more then wait and see ?
Mine is a regular version , not custom .
Appreciate any info or advice , thanks .

·
Registered
324 Posts
On my LCP I put in a Galloway SS rod and 13# spring, a Hogue hand all grip and 7 round Ruger magazine.

The Galloway parts to fix a FRTB occasional issue and a disconcerting peening of the stock guide rod. The Hogue to tame recoil and have a better grip. The 7 round mag for the extra capacity and grip at an increase of only .4inches in height.

This is what has worked for ME.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did the stainless guide rod and the 13# spring in mine as well. Doesn't seem as "snappy" recoil wise now. Seems to keep the slide from slamming hard into the frame. No FTE or FTF with ball ammo or Federal Hydra-Shok. Glad I did it in mine, YMMV.

Steve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts