Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i love my 870, and i'm also still keeping my eyes peeled for a red label but until i do, i've been thinking about 'upgrading' my stock 870 express by replacing the stock and fore end with the nice wood and finish of the wingmaster. i've poked around a little on ebay. a couple things out there, but not much. anybody have any thoughts where else i might look for those items? probably going to repost this on the new shotgun forum as well, but wanted to put it out there.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out rem 870 .com they have the dope on doing it yourself with how to's. You can go cheap with just a stock rebuild to custom. I love my 870 killed more deer with it than all my other guns and use the same gun for snowshoe hare hunting. The 870 is truly a do everything weapon.

Remington 870 Shotgun Blog (Express, Tactical, Accessories, Police, Wingmaster, Barrels, Parts, Deergun, Marine)
Grizzly Custom Guns, LLC - Custom Bolt Rifles, Custom Leverguns, Custom 1911's, Custom Tactical 870 Shotguns
thanks. just took a lot. haven't dug too deeply yet, but that looks like a great site for virtually anything 870! i bookmarked it already.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
thanks. just took a lot. haven't dug too deeply yet, but that looks like a great site for virtually anything 870! i bookmarked it already.
I was looking into having Wilson do some work on my 870 I don't know why i didn't post them earlier but for the price I was thinking hard considering what they do. Its the extras that they make the big money but its about what I paid for the gun originally in Alaska better than twenty five years ago. It was 87 the first year of the express model with the new rem chokes. If I'd waited one more year I could have bought the Express Combo with 20-inch slug barrel. Oh well spilled milk now. Anyway, check out Wilson Combats 870 make over job.
Wilson Combat | Remington Steal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts