Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gun is really starting to scare me. A couple of weeks ago I shot American Eagle ammo and was having light fire problems. It was putting a decent dent in the primer but wasn't firing. After close inspection of the rounds that didn't fire, I found that the primers were really recessed in the cartridge. I blew it off as cheap ammo and bought Federal Champion ammo.

Well today I fired that and was having problems with the trigger not resetting. It would eject and feed just fine but when I checked the round post malfunction, it had a dent in the primer. Even though I never pulled the trigger for that specific round. I guessed the firing pin was sticking so I took it out, cleaned it and tried it today. After 40 rounds, it happened once.

After this, I decided to just call Ruger and have them look at it. Its my carry gun and I want to fully trust it. Hopefully I'll get it back and at some at least be able to find ammo for it to try it out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
2v2nv- Had the same thing with my 9c where I was not getting a trigger reset often (every other shot!) and here and there a light strike not firing Winchester white box. Gun was gone for about 7 days. Got it back on the 26th and shot it today (300 rounds) with Winchester white 115 FMJ, American Eagle 115 FMJ, and Blaser Brass 115 FMJ and didn't have a single issue.

I hope all works out as it did for me. Let us know.

-Lewi

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the gun back. It took them about 9 days to get it back to me but they replaced a lot on it. The paper said they replaced the magazine disconnect, striker, trigger bar, trigger bar lift spring, and trigger bar reset. They also repaired the barrel which I took as probably buffed the feed ramp. They said they ran 50 rounds through the gun using my magazines and it worked fine.

All in all, I hated that the gun messed up but it didn't take long at all for them to get it back to me so I'm happy. My Kel Tec p3at took twice as long to get back to me when it kept stove piping.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Glad you got your gun back in decent time. I hope I don't have problems with my SR40, but if I do it's nice to know Ruger has such good customer service!

·
Registered
587 Posts
My SR40 was a problem in a box, but the guys here and Ruger fixed me up wonderfully. SUPER happy with mine.

DR

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Range Report.

Ran 35 rounds through it today and it shot perfectly fine. It was malfunctioning once a mag before I sent it in.

·
Registered
760 Posts
As a owner of both the SR9c and SR40c I get nervous when I see things happening to others like this. Currently I haven't had any problems with mine, but I do believe Ruger customer service is top notch. Now I just hope Ruger will come out with the SR45c to add to my collection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts