Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals,
I wish to convert my 300 BLK rifle to 6.5 creedmore with a prefit barrel. Are there any aftermarket bolts for the Ruger American? Or do I need to conatact Ruger?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up.

Indeed I am aware of this, however, with prefit barrels, you can set the headspace before final torquing and check them with a set of GO/NO GO guages. It's a fairly simple process, and I have done this with success on my Remington using a Remage criterion barrel. I would like a shorter barreled RAR since stock options and mag options are limited for the 300 BLK,

·
Cat Herder
1,649 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what you are seeking in the end. There are not Ruger American bolts available, however if you want a shorter barreled 6.5 Creedmoor, it would likely be cheaper to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor Predator and have the barrel cut and recrowned than buying a barrel and bolt (if available) for your current rifle.

If you are just wanting better mags and stock for the 300 BO it will depend on if you have a rotary mag or AR mag model. Boyd's has stocks for both, Magpul has a stock that works with the rotary, not sure about the AR mag model (the Magpul stock uses AICS pattern, the Boyd's can use AICS, AR, or rotary, depending on model and options).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts