Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we talk a bit about which aftermarket magazines are good, which are terrible, and which magazines fit more than one model of Ruger autoloaders?

I specifically am wondering: Will P90 clips (which are available in higher capacity) will work in my P345? If they do, I'm considering buying the Rug-A2n from ProMag http://www.promagindustries.com/ruger.asp

Any comments, experiences, suggestions[?]

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
JMO, but I will not buy any mags but Ruger mags. I have had no luck with any others.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I use the same Ruger Stainless Magazines in my P97 and my Wifes P345. Think the P90 is also the same. I have never used anything but factory magazines either.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The Mec-Gar clips are top quality-make for many guns-any others...walk on by.....I buy Ruger, too...the cost is worth it...never a malfunction...P90 clips fit P97 and reverse-don't know about P345-check on-line Ruger catalog...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sheepdog,
Putting together what you know about the P90/P97 clips with what KP97DC knows about P97/P345 clips, I'd say it's settled: if P90Mag=P97Mag and P97Mag=P345Mag, then P90Mag=P345Mag. Is my math right? :)

Basically, the mags from P97, P90, and P345 are interchangeable, based on the postings above.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I agree factory mags way to go.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
+1 on factory mags

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, so far we know that the P90, P97, P345 can take the same magazines.

I checked mec-gar, and they only carry 9mm and 22lr mags. http://www.mec-gar.com/product.html

So, extended magazines are out? On Ruger's site I only saw 8 round clips. For CCW, I'm not worried about it, I figure I'll carry an extra clip if I deem it necessary, and an extended clip would be nearly impossible to conceal. I'm not sure why I want a higher capacity magazine, exept the government outlawed them, and may do so again, and it's sort of a novelty. I confess: I was looking at the 40-round drum magazine, too.

Truthfully, I want a fully automatic Uzi submachine gun, a SAW, a rocket launcher, several rpgs, a half-ton of C-4, an Apache helo, an A-10 Warthog, an SA-20 SAM, etc. "Come the revolution..." When it comes to things that shoot or explode, I can't have too much.

However, based on y'all's feedback, I will be sure to have factory mags for real-world stuff, even if I get something off-the-wall for fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts