Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Last year I impulse-bought a used SR1911 Night Watchman Commander. I already knew that I didn't care for night sights but for some reason I bought it anyway.

Now I have a choice to make. I really like the looks and feel of this pistol but just cannot use the night sights (in the day time). I am either going to sell/trade this pistol OR I can change the sights.

I've considered changing to a set of factory 3-dot SR1911 sights but what I would really want to do (if I choose this option) is to go to a set of sights like the Tru-Glo TFO's.

Any other sight brand options that would be recommended?? If so can you include part numbers??

Thanks,
BK

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
I just had a set of TruGlo TFX sights installed on my full size SR1911, but haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. TG13NV1A is the part number for my set.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Look at XS Sites. They will provide you with a different site PICTURE.

I find that the 3 dot idea is fine but most of the time the dots are too small for my tri-focal eyes. The XS Sites use a different configuration that I think is faster and easier to pickup.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I also have the NW and I don't like fixed sights. Ruger didn't have a replacement so I contacted Novak directly and I shipped them my NW and in less than three weeks I got it back with new adjustable rear sight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked up a Night Watchman LW CMD the other day. I'm thinking if I change the sights I will probably go with Trijicon HD. I have them on some of my other guns and for aging eyes they are great. In daylight the rear sight is solid black with a wide U notch. The front sight has the photoluminescent paint which really pops. In the dark you have your traditional three dot green tritium night sight.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just purchased, ordered, a night watchman commander. Was wondering how the night sights would be in daylight, what are the concerns with them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
No real concerns preference more than anything.

The white outlined tritium actually works better than I thought it would. I have been changing out some of my older night sights to the Trijicon HD because in daylight the front is a lot faster for my old eyes to pick up. If my older sights had the white outline I could probably live with them a little longer but I need something out there for my eyes to focus on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts