Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Vaquero 44mag & 44spl, Single-Six, Single-Ten, Wrangler, MkII, American 45, 10-22, Charger, 77-357.
464 Posts
It's good 22LR. I tried their 22LR HP a couple of years ago, and stocked it up, as it shoots as good or better as anything else I have. Works in my 617-10, Wrangler, and Single-Six.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I like Aquila ammo. It performs well, BUT it is waxy. I get wax build up in nose of my Buckmark magazines, have to keep cleaning them or they fail to feed. It doesn't seem to bother my Marlin 795 magazines. The best stuff is Golden Eagle, but I can never find it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Bought the same ammo at Rural King 2 weeks ago for $24.99, they all go bang. Real accurate out of my old Marlin 81 DL.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought a couple of 50 rd boxes at our RK and shot them in my HK MP5 with good results ... ran good, good accuracy, no duds I went back later and was able to get five bricks (2500 rds) ... this was before the ammo panic .... I haven't seen any lately. I would buy more if the price is right.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like Aquila ammo. It performs well, BUT it is waxy. I get wax build up in nose of my Buckmark magazines, have to keep cleaning them or they fail to feed. It doesn't seem to bother my Marlin 795 magazines. The best stuff is Golden Eagle, but I can never find it.
Ditto on the wax buildup. My Mark IV magazines didn't play nice after a couple hundred in the cold. Beyond that, solid ammo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I believe they got an old Winchester ammo plant and use the Ely style primer. Have been very reliable for me. I carry a portable hand warmer with me to warm the bullets up in cold weather at the steel shoots. works fine. That was a good price.

Reactions: Jack Ruger
1 - 20 of 64 Posts