Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the double image. Couldn’t figure out how to delete one of them.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
They may and they may not. Standard velocity ammo MAY not cycle the action reliably. Obviously, some people here have had good results with them. The only way to know is to try them. High velocity tends to work better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes I bought a box of 500 at my local Rural King store good stuff good price for the times.

·
Registered
161 Posts
They should run fine. Keep your gun clean and lightly lubed and plink away! (ammo sniffers?... who knew? :unsure: .. 😄)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ran about 100 rounds of those Aguila in my 10/22 today with no problems at all. I also use the Aguila Super Extra High Velocity 40gr copper round nose in my 10/22 and Ruger American and its one of the most accurate I've run through them (except for the high cost match ammo of course). Both the Aguila's shoot 50 yard 1" groups in both my Rugers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
They may and they may not. Standard velocity ammo MAY not cycle the action reliably. Obviously, some people here have had good results with them. The only way to know is to try them. High velocity tends to work better.
My 10/22 runs reliably and accurately with good quality standard velocity ammo (1070 fps) such as CCI and SK. It also does well with the Aguila and Blazer 1135 fps stuff. I would stay away from the cheap bulk 1070 fps ammo.

·
Registered
599 Posts
A couple of guys I shoot with swear by them for their Steel Challenge guns. I've never seen one of them have a jam using the Aguila SE. I have a case but I'm still going through my CCI-SV. When I'm down to three bricks I'll test the Aguila.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The Aguila and CCI SV ammo is about the most accurate I've ever fired in my 10/22s but I've never bought any of the expensive target stuff like Eley or Lapua.

Whenever I buy a new 10/22 I disassemble it and polish inside the receiver with scotchbrite. Some are rough and/or have paint overspray that keeps the bolt from cycling smoothly. Once I do that SV ammo works great.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
My 10/22 runs reliably and accurately with good quality standard velocity ammo (1070 fps) such as CCI and SK. It also does well with the Aguila and Blazer 1135 fps stuff. I would stay away from the cheap bulk 1070 fps ammo.
Both my 10/22 takedown and my Mark IV 22/45 lite run fine with standard velocity when clean. I just know that some actions may not be completely reliable without the extra energy of high velocity rounds. Doesn't matter that much to me when practicing. I just know not to blame the gun if a standard velocity round fails to work the action and move on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts