Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a aimpoint on their Mini was looking at a cop2 was thinking I could use a standard Ruger 30 mm high-rise ring for the mount if you tried this set up let me know how you liked it and pics would be very helpful Merry Christmas to all

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You failed to mention if you have a newer mini-14 that has the Ruger rings and also is tapped for the Ruger supplied scope mount rail. I installed a Bushnell TS-25 red dot on my mini-30 using the supplied Ruger scope mount rail. I really like it for fast close in shots and also found it very accurate for long range shots out to 150 yards. I have included photos of the Bushnell mounted on my mini-30 rifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rings yes. Drill & tapped for a rail no it is a NRA modal one of the first with the tapered barrel I believe. HKB looks good what I was hoping it would look like. Fits the mini well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a scope on my SR556. I want something small & simple like a red dot for the Mini

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
I have a similiar setup to the aimpoint comp 3 on my mini. Its a vortex strikefire and mounted it with a weaver 6 hole tactical medium 30mm ring. That allows the lowest mounting possible on the receiver. The rail I used was a gg&g 1913 rail for the ranch series rifle. Its a very effective setup, and vortex has a lifetime warranty. I own several of them, a few aimpoints, eotechs and others. They are all pretty close as far as usability function and ruggedness. Never one issue.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The vortex strikefire looks good with a lifetime warranty & round $200 im going to give it a try thanks for the advice

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
The vortex strikefire looks good with a lifetime warranty & round $200 im going to give it a try thanks for the advice
You wont be dissappointed, I own 4 of them, never an issue. I recommend the bright red version, its better in bright sunlight, the red green is good for darker area's and a little harder to see on bright days, but both are good sights. I own the aimpoint, on my m1a scout, it the strike fire is VERY similiar, with less of a dent in you bank account.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts