Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change out the front sight for something a little more easier to see. I've heard the optic style sights don't hold up well with recoil. Any suggestions? I thought about whiting out the front of the ramp on the original sight.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I did a double sight replacement and recoil was first among my conditions for purchase. I ended up with a red fiber optic front from HiViz. Of course it's a install it yourself type of item.

HIVIZ Front Sight Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan Steel Fiber Optic Red

And for the rear (guarenteed to mate with the above front sight) was a Rough Country RCSS sight.

RUGER® REVOLVER ROUGH COUNTRY REAR SIGHTS | Brownells

That sight rely's on metal on metal contact. NO springs to pollute the sight setting. The sight body is even thicker so at first you bottom the sight out and it's pretty darn close there. I had to lift my sight a bit for elevation and tweak it to the left just a bit and it was right on the money. Smithy.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
How about a little model paint or nail polish? I've used orange and yellow nail polish and it does a good job. No need to change it out.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the posts and the ideas!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.