Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is for Showing your All American Art Guns of all kinds(Pistols, Revolvers, and long Guns). Tell what has been done to them to make them Special. :D

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Engraving by Orval Mahan, Panama, Oklahoma
Complete Action job by Teddy Jacobson, Houston, Texas
Wapiti Grips by Patrick Grashorn, Greeley, Colorado

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,407 Posts
Calvin, What a great way to start a new "art" thread. My safe is bulging with all sorts of guns but I must admit .... I don't own a single engraved gun. Let's hope other members will show some of their art.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Calvin, you must have the fanciest Ruger pistols this side of Bill Ruger! There are some engraved examples in Ruger and His Guns by RL Wilson that are really nice, and that is what your guns reminds me of.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Calvin, all I can say is

That, and if your looking to adopt a son to pass those down to one day, I'd like to fill out an application!:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am humbled and abased....but still proud as can be of my old naked P90!!!

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know there are others on this board that has some Beautiful guns because I have seen Pictures of them. There are some beautiful 10/22's on this Board that have been build. Come on and post pictures of your Art Guns! Keith has a Beautiful 10/22. Rick has his P95 that he refinished. Got to be several. :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
YUP,... Can't post a Gun in this Thread... All I got is Factory Art...No Custom Art...<:-((

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those are some nice pistols i have never seen any engraving like that on a firearm before . That being said here is my humble p97dc polished to a chrome like finish :) pictures really don't do it justice . Polished by hand no buffing wheels or dremels used .

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice P97! I have alway felt that doing anything, to something I have, gives it that personal touch that makes it special to me. On things I have to trade or sell I don't change, but what I intend to keep, I usually do.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I have nothing to submit to this thread. But I had to let Calvin know his guns are really nice.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Oh what the heck... My P95DPR started off it's life as this...

And it evolved.... Getting some spit and polish here and there, and a 19 pound Wolff Hammer spring...

And today it lives in "the white"...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lol those rugers with the black finish removed and polished shine up like chrome . Buddy of mine saw it at work and thought i did have it chromed . I am kinda glad the gunsmith mucked up the finish on mine so that i did what i did . That is one shiny p95 to . Did u use a buffing wheel of any sort or do it by hand like myself ? I might take the slide of mine and use the jewler's rouge and the buffing wheel to really make it shine .

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Lol those rugers with the black finish removed and polished shine up like chrome . Buddy of mine saw it at work and thought i did have it chromed . I am kinda glad the gunsmith mucked up the finish on mine so that i did what i did . That is one shiny p95 to . Did u use a buffing wheel of any sort or do it by hand like myself ? I might take the slide of mine and use the jewler's rouge and the buffing wheel to really make it shine .
It was all done by hand... no mechanical devices... a couple of thousand "man hours"...:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts