Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I thought it was a good idea to hang up my Marlin levergun along with my Winchester that was already on the wall. Then I just started rearranging pictures and stuff and it struck me that I have a little corner of my office that just yells out AMERICA! Two model 94s, an American flag, and autographed pictures of Ron Turcott aboard Secretariat winning the triple crown and Buzz Aldrin aboard the moon winning the space race.

Makes me want to salute every time I come in the room!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Kinda makes me wanta pray for our fair country-we've stood so proud and done so much...we need redirection and wisdom as never before...this world's goin' crazy...this pic's all about true values-doing our best...standing ready to defend...great pic....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Sheepdog, I look back at the space race and think although it's behind WWII, it is one of the proudest chapters of American history. In a way, it was similar to WWII - we saw a threat as a nation and rose to the challenge. It's hard to say where we're headed now, when it seems two thirds of the nation can't recognize a threat when it's staring them in the face.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sheepdog you're basically right! If I had to use one, brother that Marlin, now that I got it back from them, cycles pure and clean, and I would have no doubt about it working when I need it. The Winchester's a little more finnicky, but it is a sentimental favorite.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Very nice Eddie. Is the Apollo 11 moon picture autograpged by Buzz Aldrin? See you also have the mission patch. Is it an original or reproduction?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The picture is indeed autographed by Buzz Aldrin, to me. A friend actually knows the Aldrins and surprised me with it. A prized possession. The patch is a reproduction, I was at Cape Canaveral and just picked it up. Eventually I plan on framing them both together, but for now the patch is just stuck to the glass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts