Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will be soon a year since I was told that I was going to be assigned to the trusty camp. 10/23/07 its been a great place to work for the most part there have been some folks that I didn't care to work with but they have moved on during that year. Right we have a pretty good crew. One is not so hot and it won't belong before she will be moving on because of her own actions. Nice to just set on the side lines when things like that happen.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Hey Snuffy, glad to hear its going good.
Don't know if i told you but a while back hauling one to the intake facility, i saw a group of prisoners lined up and a workin' them hoes in the field. all in unison and a swinging at the same time. Kind of reminded me of the movie "O brother, where art thou".
All dressed in white with a cloud of dust comming up in front of them. Tall bosses watching.
Love watching Justice at work!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 (NIV)

Glad to here things are getting better, now when is the weddding. [8D]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well peace I don't think there is going to be one. Many reasons one she loves to go to bars drink and dance I don't go there just not my cup of tea ya know and then she loves to drink when she has troubles in her life there again not my cup of tea. So there would be so many changes that she and I would have to make that it doesn't look like there will be a wedding. Now don't go beatten yourself up peace I am not mad or hurt just glad that all of these things came about before I ended up in a bad marrage again. That would have made us both unhappy and hurt us both really bad as well. The hurt now can be dealt with and we can both move on. Just another lesson in life, not to say that she can't turn over a new leaf and of course its never too late but right now doesn't look good for us. I plan to give it some time and not shut the door on us just yet. After all I do have the rest of my life to wait for the right lady. When she is not drinking she is, so I guess it depends on which she feel is more important me or the booze. Only she can make that choice, it has to be right for her in her mind and once she does make up her mind she will make her choice. I myself like to think that I am much better than booze. And no matter which she chooses I will alwayts feel that I am better than booze.
Yep Been ther done that deputy and sure made them work, but they don't work them like we use to. The changing of times I guess pal.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I spent a year dating a lady who was one of the finest women I've ever known, until she had a drink or three...then she was the most disgustingly loudmouthed mean thing I'd ever known...after the third time I sat down with her and told her I wasn't going to marry her after all...and why...she wasn't interested in staying sober...I hated who she was drinking...what a shame...alcohol is not always a problem, but it's NEVER the answer or the run-to for ANY problem...
glad you got to know her better before a marriage...doesn't mean she isn't a wonderful person, just means there's a monkey on her back that can cause a lot of heartache...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very true sheepdog, she has been telling me for a while this is mild you should see when things really get out of hand. I guess that was suppose to impress me or something. It sure hasn't in the way I think she wanted it too. Anyhow now she is playing the game of igorning me, I like this game sorta hopes it last the rest of one of our lives. One thing about it I am sure sleeping better and am much happier too.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Games, for an old couch potato like me, are limited to on TV...with commercials.....I have zero time for people who play games instead of being real-life is very much too short.....tell me true or don't tell me at all.....

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your so right sheepdog life is just too short.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts