Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there/was there ever a aluminium bisley grip frame ?
have a range bud that was thinking he would like to lighten up his
.357 stainless convertible
i know some one would have a plow handle grip frame laying around
but was there a bisley?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
There has not been, and hopefully never will be, an aluminum alloy Bisley grip frame.

You want light, get an Airweight S&W. Ruger Single Actions are built for men.

The best way to lighten up a .357 Magnum is to bore it out to .45 Colt.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have two older Blackhawk .357's (1976, 1980) and although I like them both the alloy grip frames feel cheesy to me........always wondered why Ruger would use them.

I'm much happier with the steel grip frames on my Vaquero Birdshead and brand new .357/9mm flat top. Gives it that "real gun" feel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the fella has a blued BH 45 convertible
and he likes the weight of it
so he wondered if it existed
and it doesnt
so shiny pretty stainless he is stuck with
its one of these

she sure is a pretty thing

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
There's nothing wrong with that as is:)

Changing the grip frame would be like telling Megan Fox she needs to go to the gym more:)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Im in the minority here but i like the light weight of my blackhawk compared to my vaquero. I like the looks of my steel frame better and it is better for recoil on heavy loads but the aluminum carries lighter on my worn out belt

·
Registered
251 Posts
There has not been, and hopefully never will be, an aluminum alloy Bisley grip frame.

Bob Wright

Bob, that was funny right there....:D

·
Registered
34 Posts

Bob Wright
LOL

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Pretty sure they made/make SS Bisley grips as well as the blued. Just not alloyed Bisley grips. I do prefer steel too.

Megan Fox? Is this person a Fox News anchor? Maybe??? :)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
If the very minimal amount of weight one would loose going from steel to aluminum is such a biggie, I'd suggest investing in a gym membership and a GOOD holster/belt combination. Too many settle with whatever cheap holster the shop has and whatever cheap belt they wear every day. Not the best choice.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Pretty sure they made/make SS Bisley grips as well as the blued. Just not alloyed Bisley grips. I do prefer steel too.

Megan Fox? Is this person a Fox News anchor? Maybe??? :)
She has the looks to be a FOX news anchor. However, I really don't know much about her other than seeing her in the "Transformer" movies when I was volunteering time to a youth group and we would host pizza and movie nights at the local civic center.

I hate to make an assumption on somebody I don't really know much about, but based on her profession in the movie universe I would suspect she would probably prefer to host an MSNBC show rather than be caught dead on FOX.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is nothing unmanly about wanting a lighter gun. I carried a gun daily for 30 years and mostly had no choice of what gun it was. As retirement approaches, I will carry an aluminum framed commander or a sig 938.

When carrying a heavier single action I often use suspenders or a suicide strap to hold up my belt as age has relieved my of my *** that used to hold my belt up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd suggest investing in a gym membership and a GOOD holster/belt combination.
well the fella im referring to in this thread is already a power lifter
and is built like a fire plug
he is in fine shape
and he doesnt even own a holster
he shoots his blackhawks at paper at 50yds bullseye shooter style
and for him the balance is better with his BH with the Al frame
so i told him to quit whining and man up as thats what the "real men" in the forum said to do :rolleyes:

really i told him to quit whining and just get used to the awesome looking gun !:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts