Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all

Well not always but more often than I’d like. Most shooting is 25 meters offhand

And the gun does not matter

Mark I target

Colt GM

Sometimes the flyer is the only one hitting the ten

Delta Elite

SM ACE

GCNM

AutoMag

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Swiss Luger

Sig P210-1 (7.65 my)

FN GP 35 with shoulder stock

S&W 1006 (and carefully avoiding the ten ring)

Colt Anaconda

Scoped S&W 629 at 50 meters

CZ 75

S&W 586

S&W 66

S&W 686

Even a Sig 510 at 300 meters

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,662 Posts
What a range trip! That's a wonderful collection. Is the flyer with the P-35 the first (hand chambered) round from the magazine? If so, load six in the magazine and fire that first shot into the backstop aiming just beside the target. Then shoot your group with five shots all chambered the same way. Some guns lock up differently and will push the manually chambered round out of the group.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,662 Posts
Oh, I see it is happening with various pistols. Is it late in the string? Is your arm getting tired? Do you feel like you lose focus. Are you consciously continuing to breathe as the shot string progresses?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Use a rest to better determine whether the fliers are due to the gun, ammo or you.
In my experience it's almost always me.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Off hand at 25 meters , I believe you are just showing off. Seriously that is some nice shooting. I have no idea why you would have a flier. I know I use to do the same thing. It always seem to happen after a couple of mags down range. Fatigue was my enemy. I guess I had better win the gun fight with the first mag.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,843 Posts
It's your signature. Everyone at the range will know whose targets they are. Seriously that's some nice shooting off hand at 82 feet. If I was shooting offhand at that distance I would be more consistent. Every shot would be a flier and I would be happy if they all just landed on paper.....

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
What Waveform just stated, that is some pretty good shooting, and to think the vast majority is off hand, just wish I could duplicate your "lack of success" with just one flier out of the group.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts