Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the upcoming election, and some really, really anti-gun democrats in the mix, should I be thinking now about picking up something at the next gun show that might be harder to get in the future?

For instance, I don't own any semi-automatic pistols.

May be a stupid topic, I hope it is, actually. But I'm wondering if anyone else is thinking along these lines...

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've been thinking along the same lines, only thing scary is here in Kalifornia, guns that were legally purchased are now illegal to own, so it may not matter if the Kommunists have their way!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Try to get an AR, most likely, they'll be the first targeted. You know, the dreaded assault rifle. I have two that I only rarely get out of the safe, as I am almost instantly overcome with an overwhelming urge to shoot up a McDonalds. For those of you who are humor challenged, that was a joke.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
505 Posts
An AR is also on the top of my list before next year. I too feel that this would be the first rifle targeted, with pretty much any semiautomatic following closely behind.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I thought the same thing right after the big Virginia shootings. Still havn't jumped as right now i don't really need a 9mm hi-cap or a semi auto hi-cap rifle. Probably would not shoot one much at all as a matter of fact.

But there is that little boy in me that says if i'm told i can't have one, it just makes we want one. Just to spite the powers that be. If they start talking the AWB, that will be the final shove and on lay-a-way i'll go. Ain't gonna wait for the ban to take effect as prices will go thru the roof when it happens.

The only problem with that plan is hillary-----i got the feeling she is gonna be real big on that "executive order" stuff and may just by-pass Congress all-together on a lot of issues, including gun control measures.

For now, i'll just rat hole around $25.00 to $50.00 out of each paycheck and see what happens at election time. If its the demo's--it will be a 9mm and an ar15 or mini 14---along with reloading components. If its a republican, i'll probably pick up a cpl of revolvers instead. Sure have been wanting a sw 625 and a sw 296.

The best laid plans though will usually fail as soon as i have a little money and walk into a shop and suddenly get the urge!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Eddie, I am NOT paranoid...(ok, maybe I am, but that doesn't matter). I believe that there is no Republican alive, that can beat either of the 2 top running Democrats, today. I blame the last 8 years for that, but, I digress.

I advise anyone that can, and cares, to purchase all the firearms and ammunition you possible can afford, prior to the election. I agree, the AR will be the first to go, then all the hi caps, again. Ammunition will be the next target for the anti-gunners. With a liberal White House, that is what we can expect. Throw into this mix, the current state of our economy, and you have the potential for disaster.

Come to think of it, I guess I am paranoid. But today, it pays to be.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Lotsa ammo for your favorite calibers and then new guns....what good are guns without ammo?!!! 500-1000 rounds minimum..it's a question of what will hit us first...the gun-grabbers or the reason we have them in the first place...hard to say....

·
Registered
995 Posts
Eddie, I am NOT paranoid...(ok, maybe I am, but that doesn't matter). I believe that there is no Republican alive, that can beat either of the 2 top running Democrats, today. I blame the last 8 years for that, but, I digress. QUOTE]

One thing to hope for; a year a go who heard of Obama or would have given him a chance at a run for President? So whoever gets the Republican bid, hopefully they'll become the new "Savior".

·
Registered
505 Posts
Make a buy out of the newspaper.......no records........gotta have a least one that not even the neighbors know about....
That's what about 2/3 of my collection are. Rifles that I have purchased from my grandpa. How can they take them if they don't know that you have them....hahaha got them there :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I already told the wife that if I even smell a wiff of the assault rifle ban coming back, I'm off to buy an AR and some 30 round clips.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Why wait-the other problem may surface before tha time there's any ban...and instantly they'll all be bought by those who have tons of money...but just didn't believe us.....

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
If you don't want to plop $800 down on an AR yet, but want to ensure the dems will let you have one later, go buy a stripped lower AR Receiver. They run about $130, and for all licensing\registration issues, you will be grandfathered in when the anti-assault rifle ban hits.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If you don't want to plop $800 down on an AR yet, but want to ensure the dems will let you have one later, go buy a stripped lower AR Receiver. They run about $130, and for all licensing\registration issues, you will be grandfathered in when the anti-assault rifle ban hits.
That is a very good idea...any brand of lower suggestions?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
What if they don't grandfather anything in? Hillary doesn't strike me as the type to let you keep a gun shes deems a "danger to society". I'll spend my money on ammo and then let them come take my guns.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're not right. Never much cared about the AR until now. Why? Because I am paranoid. Yeah, stockpile the ammo because that is a target now. The sunsetting of the AWB really ticked some folks off and they are coming back with a vengeance.

They have already started to legislate against ammo. And even Walmart's has a dummy pop up question on the registers when ammo is purchased. "What do you want the ammo for?" I always answer even when its .22lr, "for my machine guns." Sometimes I just can't help myself.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Now that is some good advice, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Sorry for the triple posting, but now ya'll have made me put on my thinking cap, and ding, they will come after the calibers this time, so stock up on the big numbers .50bmg, .454 casul, .45ACP, etc.I think this time that too will be part of the attack.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts