Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have gotten used to it. Was sketchy for the first couple days.

·
Forlorn Hope
492 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks This new format Sucks to high heaven?
I think the color scheme could use some work, but the tools for layout,
if you know what they are, are nice, and the site is much faster and clean.
I say try to get used to what you don't like, and embrace the improvements.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,842 Posts
I'll add some more comments. There was a learning curve at first but it didn't take long. Everything is still here and actually works better than before. The old platform was not sustainable and a change was required so there will never be a going back to the old platform. We're two weeks in and I would hate to go back to the old platform - many feel the same way. This platform does a lot more than the old one ever did. Some regulars have left and that is unfortunate but to be expected. Ironically some who leave because they don't like the change go join another forum and have to learn that new-to-them platform. Meanwhile new people join here steadily - we've added 100 new members in the last 2 weeks. The new folks don't know anything different and its perfectly fine with them. Members drop off and new ones join all the time. That's just how forums work.. So that's why I say it is what is and you either accept the change or choose not to. It's a personal decision.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I only came on board shortly before the change. But the new format sits ok with me. Learning is always good. 😁

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,620 Posts
tigger, No you are probably not the only one. For myself I have had some real issues in the beginning just getting around and have grown to really like it. I hate change and this one for me has turned out to be a good one. Just hang in there and ask questions on those items you have trouble with. Heck I have to wait for others to ask how to do things before I catch on so good luck and keep at it. Rick

·
Registered
159 Posts
I definitely like the "Dark" version better.
Only problem I have is remembering which forum I am on. Ruger or Walther. They both use the exact same new format

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I think the color scheme could use some work, but the tools for layout,
if you know what they are, are nice, and the site is much faster and clean.
I say try to get used to what you don't like, and embrace the improvements.
I miss my stinking badges .
Since I didn't have to change my user name or password and there is a place you can request help ... I'll adjust.
I couldn't read the print at first but I saw a "dark" mode somewhere , clicked on it anf the background became dark with the letters white and bolder...
That helped my hard of seeing problem a lot .
Gary

·
Registered
410 Posts
I really do not like the new format either. I am getting used to it since the choice is either to quit visiting the forums I have enjoyed in the past, or to get used to this format. There is only one of "my" forums left that is still using vBulletin and I'm expecting it to change over soon.

Heck, MS makes nasty changes all the time and companies change the labels on their products so often that shopping has become a challenge trying to find things that I use regularly! Such is life.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
I really liked the old forum.. BUT..I like this one even more. Easy to navigate..very intuitive..fast. I use the dark mode and find it nice to look at. I come here to look at and talk about firearms. The picture quality is good and the firearm talk is great. .the color of the background and print is secondary.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I have gotten use to it as well....change can be good..

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Cant say as I like it much, but the moderators are not about to change back, so we better get used to it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
There are some really good features and some are good and bad. I went with default dark screen for a bit, now to white. I like the white better. Did you know you can view only the discussions in which you have participated and a host of other options using the filter button at the top the forum threads? That has already come in handy.

I like that it automatically jumps to the last unread post, but sometimes I don't if I haven't been following from the first post.

Overall I think I'm leaning towards a like, oh yeah, we now have a "like" button!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts