Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This young lady is all over the Internet and there's a huge amount of misinformation out there about her. This is taken from her own telling of the story.

This was her as a young teen. Mouth issues she'd just had to learn to live with.

She finally was able to go get braces, but was told braces wouldn't help at all. Her upper and lower jaws were completely different and neither were right. One was rectangular and one was V shaped when they're supposed to be a U. Huge complications down the line if left alone. Major surgery to break the jaw and reshape and realign. One year for the swelling to go down.

This is her now.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
She looks great either way.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I hope the implants work for her.
My front teeth are not an issue, but my chewing teeth may soon be.
I am waiting as long as possible before settling for implants.
There have been many unpleasant issues and side effects attributed to implants.
I have a bad habit of chewing ice and if I break one more of my chewing teeth, I will likely get a few implants -- not for cosmetics, but so I can eat. ... :eek:

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope the implants work for her.
My front teeth are not an issue, but my chewing teeth may soon be.
I am waiting as long as possible before settling for implants.
There have been many unpleasant issues and side effects attributed to implants.
I have a bad habit of chewing ice and if I break one more of my chewing teeth, I will likely get a few implants -- not for cosmetics, but so I can eat. ... :eek:
I had a crumbler in the back pulled yesterday to make way for an implant. Not fun, but gotta do it. I have one implant already on the other side with no problems.

It's the sound when they crack it... :eek:

·
12,955 Posts
I had a crumbler in the back pulled yesterday to make way for an implant. Not fun, but gotta do it. I have one implant already on the other side with no problems.

It's the sound when they crack it... :eek:
That's good to know.
Is there anything unique about the implant?
What is the material?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's good to know.
Is there anything unique about the implant?
What is the material?
Thanks!
Nothing unique that I know of. I believe it's some kind of a resin.

The only thing I ever had about it, in roughly 5 years, is the very first bite of food I took it shot up the nerves on that side through the sinuses and I thought the top of my head was going to come off. Lasted about 3 seconds. The 2nd bite and every one after was fine. I guess there was a hole there long enough the nerves went to sleep.

·
12,955 Posts
Nothing unique that I know of. I believe it's some kind of a resin.

The only thing I ever had about it, in roughly 5 years, is the very first bite of food I took it shot up the nerves on that side through the sinuses and I thought the top of my head was going to come off. Lasted about 3 seconds. The 2nd bite and every one after was fine. I guess there was a hole there long enough the nerves went to sleep.
:eek:
Something to look forward to. ... :p
Thanks for the info.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,548 Posts
The first pic, those looked like my daughter's teeth before she had braces.
My son has an actor's teeth... like me :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Some of the newer implant offering are made of zirconia. I also want mine installed with Teflon coating so that plaque and germs just fall right off (last part is a joke, zirconia is not).
individual teeth:

or whole set:

currently my teeth are beautiful, looking something like this:

...but I would like zirconia teeth instead,

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My friend's wife had messed up teeth like that. She never let a toothy smile loose because she was so embarrassed about her teeth. They spent a bunch of money fixing it and once all the braces/etc were done she had a beautiful smile. Suddenly she was smiling all the time, flashing the new dental work.

Just trying to say that it's easy to underestimate the effect of bad teeth on a person's life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts